Things to do while on lockdown for coronavirus

I think this is really dependent on your current fitness habits. If you are used to barbell training and can squat 300 pounds, you’re not going to be able to replicate that with body weight exercises. But if you are just a casual exerciser and need to stay active, plenty of exercises are available with practically no equipment. I mean, push ups are great. Pull ups if you can. Single leg lower body work is also excellent, even with just body weight, like one leg jumps, pistol squats, Bulgarian split squats.

1 Like

If you’re looking for a change of pace with bodyweight workouts, give power yoga a shot. A one hour baptise power yoga session is a fantastic whole body workout. If you can do it by a space heater to replicate a 96 degree room, even better. My body completely transformed after practicing 3-4 days a week for a couple months. Significantly more muscle mass, more toned, more stamina, more flexible, etc.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m definitely the latter - I go to Planet Fitness and use the dumbbells and Smith Machine . I went to the park the other day to do some bench exercises to try and replace the gym, and that was pretty decent, but just felt like getting some bands would lead to a better workout. But I honestly have no idea.

Thanks guys, helpful info. I definitely will research some more at-home and park bench bodyweight and resistance workouts.

Middle aged rich liberals who casually squat 300 ITT

7 Likes

World of Warcraft, catch up on a million TV shows, i guess

New league of Path of Exile starts soon. Great way to waste 2 weeks and make it feel like 2 hours.

Is Global Poker still a thing?

I’m also planning on doing a major cleanout of my garage and house.

If I wanted to practice baking what are some essentials I need for a variety of recipes?

A stand mixer is good to have unless you want to double your baking practice as a workout

1 Like

Thanks! Seems like a fun hobby. I don’t have a stand mixer, but whatever.

lol I’ve been looking for bread flour for days but it’s been hoarded

For the record I have maxed out at something like 185 for squats.

Apparently arguing. I’m wearing my stress on the outside. She’s holding hers in. My very loud and profane rant about about Trump shaking hands (I a microbiologist can he NOT effin model good social distancing?) got her internal stress to externalize and away we went for about five minutes.

Thankfully we had a few years of counseling after a family tragedy and learned some tools to help us and we have already stopped the cycle and reset.

Gonna be a fun few weeks.

3 Likes

My wife has banned Trump’s name from our house. Can’t say I blame her.

5 Likes

Yeah its “supercedes” now.

gonna rewatch twin peaks the return

2 Likes

swimming in my mind is at this time, literally, is my new hydroponic indica-sativa hybrid. a touch of the mythic AK-47 by way of the amsterdam express. it’s baked into this banana bread and infused in this potent spreadable jam that’s ideal for creative sojourns of a solitary nature. wheels up.

2 Likes

Have some good?? Ideas hopefully some tv exec will think of

Set up feeds to musicians houses and do programs where viewers can Skype in and ask questions, the musician tells stories, and plays some music.

Billy Joel on a piano comes to mind.

Acting couples can do little plays live on tv. Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick.

CBS has lots of airtime to fill. I expect they’ll show classic tournament games that correspond to the rounds including cut ins to other famous games other than the main one.

Of course I vote for the final game that really kicked off March madness -bird v magic

I thought you couldn’t grow potatoes from the big ones they have in the grocery store? For a while I had a pet potato plant I grew indoors from a seed potato.