The TSLA Market / Economy

How do you feel about med students who want to go into dermatology?

Derm is probably the most competitive specialty out there. It requires ludicrously good board scores and grades. My friend from med school who went into derm is the smartest person I know. He finished top 5 in our class and had 99th percentile board scores. He worked a good amount, but not a ton.

It’s competitive because it’s a very well paid specialty with a great lifestyle.

I personally think it’s a waste of medical talent. I think derm has been allowed to restrict the amount of physicians in their specialty far too much creating a critical shortage that protects their lifestyle. Still though, if you can pull it off it’s a sweet gig.

1 Like

This whole discussion of workplaces is very NOT STONKS, perhaps we should excise this to a new thread? I’ve got opinions!

2 Likes

Meme stocks trading sideways is also very NOT STONKS. They’re supposed to skyrocket and crash, what is this stability bullshit. I blame lack of meme stonking for the rise in stonk-thread derails.

2 Likes

france lockdown seems bad for reopening plays, probably why oil is dead

THANKS OBIDEN.

Seriously wtf

Why did stonks just dive like 400 pts?

Bond yields are way up, team BUT INFLATION is gonna be all over your teevees and opinion pages.

I can bring this back to Stonks by reporting that I got bloodied up today.

Also, I was at my RC track yesterday and the attached hobbyshop was packed all day with people blowing their stimmy checks on new $600 RC cars plus accoutrements. I lost a wheel nut and it took me half the day before I could get in there to buy one.

1 Like

Zero house, zero spouse might be even better.

Or maybe one house, zero spouse. Single people nearly never buy too much house, it’s always couples. Always. Gotta have space for the kids.

No kids, one spouse, one house, no house payment.

Plenty of cash leftover.

1 Like

Sure you’ll have plenty, but what leaves you with the most?

Do my 0DTE CLVS options still have some life in them???

Clovis Oncology, Inc. (NASDAQ: CLVS) announced that the first presentation of data from the randomized, Phase 3 ARIEL4 study of Rubraca® (rucaparib) will take place today in an oral presentation at the Society of Gynecologic Oncology Virtual Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer (SGO). The data demonstrate that Rubraca significantly improves PFS compared to standard-of-care chemotherapy, including platinum-based chemotherapy, among patients with advanced, relapsed ovarian cancer and a deleterious BRCA mutation who have received two or more prior lines of chemotherapy.

To the moon!!

I’m still holding my original 225 shares of CLVS, should probably sell them right now…

Almost back to the price I bought them at

meh, 7.4 months PFS to 5.7 isn’t that big of a deal, but it is statistically significant and seems like a good study. Might get some traction on that.

My incredible record of celebrating (and not selling) right at the peak continues. In some alternate universe I’m a fucking stonks god.

Making lots of money vs. saving lots of money: why not both? You can be done with working for the man in 10 years or less if you can live off of 35% of your income.

1 Like