The TSLA Market / Economy

Also, the tip I tried to give y’all about a month ago, MDP, is up ~80% the last three months to almost $37

Not too late to get in! I think it can easily run to somewhere in the 60’s, which is the price I’m considering selling at

1 Like

It would depend on the brokerage and how they handle any fees on round-trips with their margin. Possibly but probably not.

If you could get away with it, the bid/ask spread at the highest volume bare minimum price would still take away about 1/3 of what a typical margin would charge assuming you’re just buying SPY.

So WSB started mass adopting apes and other animals via conservation societies. It is actually quite amazing. That subreddit delivers.

Front page right now, I suggest taking a look:

6 Likes

That sub definitely does a lot of good, mixed in with humor, I love it.

1 Like

I like how the stonks thread is full of degenerate gambling and the sports betting thread is largely people arbing to lock in a guaranteed $5.

17 Likes

This describes me 100% right now.

3 Likes

11 Likes

Fidelity has to have the industry’s shittiest website and industry’s shittiest app wtf. Stunningly bad.

I think their website is fine. What problems do you have with it?

OTOH, the app sucks balls and I deleted it after a week.

The app won’t keep you logged in even if you tell it to remember you for whatever the max allowed time is, so annoying

I bought a weekly call on a 3x inverse ETF. ETF does a reverse split, Fidelity goes haywire and doesn’t recognize the symbol anymore, so I can’t close the position. I spend hours on hold with support, give up, email support, no response after 3 days.

I don’t know if this is a Fidelity-specific problem, but I feel like they just stole that money from me, and don’t know what else to do. Walk into a Fidelity branch and start breaking stuff?

GME update: I bought another 500c yesterday at open and also bought a 190p. My assumption was that the $250 price wasn’t really stable and that we’d either see some sort of gamma squeeze this week or interest would die out and it would plummet. Down to 196 pre-market so it looks like the put is the winner there. Sad, I really wanted to see this moon for real.

CCIV (Lucid Motors), which was already trading at 2x what it should, is still surging on the day-old news that an exec will appear on tonight’s Mad Money.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this reaches Tesla-level irrationality and hits the $100’s this year. The Lucid Air will be a sweet car IF everything goes to plan, and I think in people’s minds that means the stonk can only go up no matter what price it’s already at, the same way people evaluate Tesla.

In other EV news, Lordstown Motors is shady as hell.

1 Like

So did you win your put or does it have to close under 190?

hit like 170 at low and now already back to 210 lmao

I can sell it anytime so it doesn’t have to close below 190. My sell target was $50 for the option (an effective price of $140 for the stock) which almost got hit on that recent drop. Of course it immediately shot back up so I’ll have to wait a little longer. Not thrilled with that since the price will decay pretty quickly if the stock trades sideways, but I think there’s still room to drop here.

I’m holding my 500cs too for shits and giggles, but I figure they’re effectively worthless.

I refuse to sell my Apha stock until it’s in the motherfuckin black. I bought at $30. How long do I have to wait?

Having changed my mind a lot lately, I made 4 “day trades” within 5 days and now I’m not allowed to buy any stonks since I don’t have 25k in my acct. Can I just wait a few days for my day-trade allotment to regenerate, or do I really have to wait 90 days (if somehow CATV doesn’t reach $1.50 before then)?

Edit: nvm I’m not flagged for the 90-day restriction. Looks as though I can trade again on Friday.

My recovery stonks fell down and went boom today. No idea why. AstraZeneca?