The TSLA Market / Economy

Based on $TSLA price, when $CCIV goes to $500?

1 Like

:rocket::rocket::rocket:

If you have any position in the following, please close them for the sake of my family:

$BFI
$CCL
$CNK
$DFEN
$DNN
$GSAT
$INPX
$RYCEY
$STMH
$UWMC
$VGAC

Thanks! Might throw you a 10% black cloud fee.

4 Likes

So was the aforementioned 20% gain just insider trading? I grabbed some shares at $34.65 shortly after a spike from $30, wanted to add some more but didn’t get a chance before it spiked again to $40, then I waited for a dip but now this merger finalized. Guess I won’t be adding shares now.

The WSB excitement finally inspired me to set up an IBKR account recently and start investing my own money. But for now, instead of memes, I’m making what I believe to be long-term plays, mostly in EV. My portfolio has 10 stonks at the moment, mostly moving sideways except for RIDE and CCIV, which have mostly canceled each other out. I recently bought some FSR, but should have done so before the stupid interview that made the stock jump 33% for no rational reason after months of non-movement.

Seems like a good time to buy solar/clean energy, whole sector got hit hard from texas stuff

$0.

DUCY?

Chiefsplanet was all over CCIV. Now they’re all over BORR. Money Investing megathread extravaganza - ChiefsPlanet

Big volume on PSTH and lots of call activity for 2/19, maybe Ackman finally makes an announcement?

Stripe plz

DNN 3/19 2.5c have 200k volume

You following on BORR?

Nope. I already have 3 oil stonks and UCO. Seems like enough exposure to the oil industry.

I own 5 DNN 3/19 2.5c. NOt sure what’s going on there.

1 Like

Yeah I’m in bigly in my trading account, sitting on 20 3/19 and 14 7/16.

Also we just popped to 1.7 AH

Looks like uranium just going nuts U.S. deep freeze prompts natural-gas rally, and uranium prices melt up - MarketWatch

In Tuesday dealings, uranium exchange-traded funds and miners were up sharply. The Global X Uranium ETF URA, +7.52% was up over 7%. Shares of Denison Mines Corp. DNN, +34.23%, a uranium exploration firm that announced a secondary offering last week, were up over 30%, while Cameco Corp. CCJ, +7.42%, the largest publicly traded uranium company, saw shares move up by over 7%.

1 Like

Have DNN and APHA. And index funds. That’s it.

1 Like

Meme buy now pay later stonk in Australia up 47% on news that its response to a price query from regulators is that ‘there is no reason for the price to be up, we haven’t done anything new’

1 Like

I am amassing quite the tax deduction here for CLVS

4 Likes

Jealous

@suzzer99 did you ever dump AMC?

As soon as I woke up and it was 8x what I paid for it - $16.70 or something. Couldn’t hit the sell button fast enough.

I half-expected Fidelity to step in and say no, this isn’t real. You can’t sell. Adults are taking over now.

1 Like

It depends on the length of your retirement, and whether you want to still have some money left to pass on when you die. For 2% withdrawal rate, you could have the entire $10M left over any retirement length just by investing in CDs (once the long-term rates climb a bit). If you added some stocks for growth, you would have far more than $10M at death.

For a 4% withdrawal rate, you would want to start at say 50/50 stocks and bonds, or even 40/60, and then increase to 80/20 over time. Once you get past the first 10 years, your stash will often be way bigger than necessary, and even in the worst cases, sufficient to last for an additional 20 years.

I’m looking at a withdrawal rate of 3-3.5%, at least for the first 10 years.

The other thing about the $10M hypothetical is you may have worked way too long if you are only taking 2%, because you can achieve the same lifestyle with $5M and a better allocation. If it’s a one-time windfall, like an IPO or an inheritance, that wouldn’t apply.