The TSLA Market / Economy

Lukewarm take incoming:

If your withdrawal rate is 2.5%, then 100% stock is probably fine and arguably the best strategy. The only reason not to do it is to prevent your future self from doing something stupid. So if you’ve got another way to ensure that, 100% VTI with 4 million and 100K expenses is fine.

Also if we take your post literally and assume “most” to be >50%, then that’s probably wrong. 60/40 is fine according to just about anyone and I’d imagine many are more aggressive than that.

Pretty much if 1929 hits at any point in your investing career you’re fucked.

You’re getting dividends along the way, and from 29-49 dividends were much higher than they are today.

1 Like

Sure let’s just let it get destroyed by inflation.

I don’t know what you mean by “investing career”, but if you’re still working and adding to your roll. You want 1929 as soon as possible so you can buy cheap stonks post-crash.

It depends on your age and willingness to work/side hustle during retirement. For traditional retirement with no desire or willingness to work, yes, you should lower your stock allocation gradually as you approach retirement, and increase it gradually after retirement.

There are other strategies, such as having a few years’ living expenses in cash, and using those funds during down markets, replenishing during up markets, or lowering expenses during down markets.

Not sure if it was listed, but Belize is supposed to be great. Other places that are in the U.S. and mostly non-white are Hawaii and Puerto Rico.

Thanks. I guess it wasn’t the moon shot I was hoping for.

What you need is a hot new startup (that will never turn a profit) that promises to launch your remains into space using Elon’s company. That’s gotta be worth at least 20 SCI market caps.

1 Like

The goat retirement plan is of course never having kids, especially now

4 Likes

Stonks are hard if you’re trying to make actual money by delivering a product. You have competitionj.

Yeah the beginning was fine of you bought and held. But you might have been so stressed out you just put your money under the mattress.

Also pick a year to semi-retire other than 20 fucking 20.

1 Like

This adds at least a decade for me. Likely more.

If you front load every year, it’s kinda like a weird dollar cost averaging. Also, that graph stops in 2016 and checks notes we are currently at the top.

Rockets are back on the menu for APHA this morning.

DNN FINNA DO IT TO EM

Evergreen.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/IdahoBones/status/1361673182093139969

(tugging at collar)

we’ve been pumping for over 6 months on stimmy talks now

Doesn’t say anything about white genocide at all? Reddit - Dive into anything