The TSLA Market / Economy

Unless the cruise lines plan on requiring vaccines I don’t see cruise ships being anything but a giant covid outbreak waiting to happen pretty much permanently. It is the perfect environment for it.

Considering your average cruiser I can’t imagine they would do well requiring vaccines.

The average cruise patron doesn’t care about COVID and will happily book the instant they are able. They also will not care when the outbreaks invariably happen, aside from hoping they can parlay it into a discount on their next one.

1 Like

Each outbreak will be a media story and that could depress the stonk price. I fully agree your average cruiser doesn’t care about Covid.

1 Like

feel dumb not firing on sundial but thought the meme stonking was over

tough to do it at this price, there’s way better companies in the space out there

I think the era of meme stonks is likely to be around for a while.

Meme stocks, meme politics, meme society

3 Likes

clearly

whatever the cheapest in the meme stonk and ignore everything else about it is the play clearly. PENNY STONKS

Someday our boy Clovis will be at the top of the meme stocks (after we’ve all sold out of it, most likely)

At this point, we’re better off trying to figure out what the next big meme thing will be after QAnon and WSB. Can we have a sport consisting entirely of memes?

Yeap. Been long apha since 2017.

Also, in theory there’s a fuck load of arbitrage on that merger. APHA converts to 0.83 TLRY per share yet TLRY is about 2x as expensive.

Obviously dilution on TLRY is a factor, and the merger could fail… but in theory APHA is worth $55 now in TLRY shares.

Let’s say dilution knocks it down to $45 and it’s still $37. It basically has to fall to $34 for this to be breakeven.

Obviously institutions wouldn’t just leave this on the table if it were there in reality so I’m trying to figure out what the hell I am missing.

Its called Calvinball

2 Likes

All I can think is the merger doesn’t go through until 2Q by then they think the TLRY bubble pops. It’s also possible the merger doesn’t go through but everything I have read says it is a near certainty.

CCL was doing 20 billion a year in revenue before covid with like $4 eps. Their revenue was steadily increasing for like 5 years and they paid out a solid increasing dividend They have a pretty huge cash reserve and should be fine even if they don’t have a single cruise till sometime in 2022.

If you think cruises will get back to anything normal within 3-5 years they seem like a steal at 20 dollars.

2 Likes

Yeah. I mean I wouldn’t buy unless you want to be long TLRY but it’s just a massive gap and growing every day. I might throw a few bucks at it because I’m a HODLer since $6.5 anyway.

It has also surpassed GME in wsb mentions and is in 3rd behind TLRY/SNDL. Those two factors make it worth a gamble in my mind.

Wait, you’re gambling on it?

Where do I go to buy shorts?

It’s the freest of free money.

1 Like

Omg what we actually have here is a rare GADSDEN FORMATION in position to strike. Am I candling right?

Yeah this is going to be a classic heteroskedastic error distribution, possibly as extreme as illustrations in textbooks. The most basic of basic shit you have to know in model diagnostics. LOL CFAs.

The other option is that the vast majority of people gambling on weed stonks are outright morons:

I guess they just think when APHA gets merged it disappears or something?