The TSLA Market / Economy

I’m having a hard time believing that 40% of American males bought meme stonks in January.

This methodology seems a bit hinky:

This survey was conducted online within the United States by The Harris Poll on February 5-8, 2021, among 1,089 U.S. adults ages 18 and older. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. Figures for age, sex, race/ethnicity, education, region and household income were weighted where necessary to bring them into line with their actual proportions in the population. Propensity score weighting was used to adjust for respondents’ propensity to be online.

Shut your damn mouth. I’m long on CNK!

So am I but I’m thinking about temporarily bailing before AMC drags it back down from this spike.

Is this what’s happening? I’m assuming AMC is just going up because diamond hands.

Bought Tilray at $36.00 E-Z game?

Sold my CNK at $20.80. I’ll buy back in when it’s not getting whip-sawed around by AMC anymore.

GSAT might be the next meme, up about 100% this week but barely on WSB radar

Before I get involved in GSAT, I’d like @WichitaDM to let me know what his position might be on it.

1 Like

274m volume :thinking:

Don’t have any. Am buying more alpha once the rest of my robinhood money arrives tomorrow.

Ya like 4x average volume already, endless call buying going on yesterday/today.

They actually did have some news though driving this, from yesterday AM: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210209005949/en/

COVINGTON, La.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Globalstar, Inc. (NYSE American: GSAT) (“Globalstar” or the “Company”) today announced that Qualcomm Inc. has included Globalstar’s Band n53 in its new 5G X65 modem. The X65 is Qualcomm’s flagship 5G modem and adds global 5G band support for n53. With Qualcomm’s support the potential device ecosystem expands significantly to include the most popular smartphones, laptops, tablets, automated equipment and other IoT modules.

Can someone who doesn’t suck at this explain why long APHA isn’t a good play here? The merger is at very low risk of not being approved. The biggest risk appears to be TLRY stock cratering before it goes through?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fool.com/amp/investing/2021/02/10/aphria-is-becoming-the-stock-markets-biggest-merge/

The risk seems to be that they are both overvalued.

https://www.highshortinterest.com/ updated, and CLVS is now even higher up the list, with the #8 ranked short interest. Even the other pharma ranked above it (LGND) has pumped. Meanwhile CLVS drilled down 5% so far today. Testing my patience! I’m probably a hold until earnings though at least.

Weed stonks dominating WSB currently

Yeah, I think a huge factor behind meme performance is not just short interest but also name (or at least product) recognition. Ain’t nobody knows who or what Clovis is or what they make outside of here. Weed, though, people know what weed is.

Oh I agree there. I’m just saying they are about as close to being the same stock as you can be at this point without actually being merged. One is up 50% and the other is up 10% today. Why would anyone be buying Tilray over APHA right now.

I don’t get it.

So… buy APHA calls at 80% of current TLRY price, buy TLRY puts at 125% of current APHA price, hope that they don’t converge in the middle :grin:

Even if they meet in the middle you still crush if you sell in time.

I just went and looked, they’re super expensive unfortunately. I don’t think there’s much opportunity to do it with options, you’d just have to long APHA shares and short TLRY.

APHA currently at $26, March $35cs are $7
TLRY currently at $61, March $35ps are also ~$7

I continue to be unable to short DASH on TD Ameritrade. Looking forward to the Schwab acquisition finalizing, so I can start shorting this nonsense and incur massive losses.

Fun fact: I lost money shorting both Kodak and A&P, despite them going bankrupt.