The TSLA Market / Economy

Watched a new video of a german product testing for financial products and finally decided I have to stop waiting for the odd opportunity to buy a house and invest it. The guy said you should decide in your 30s if a house/appartment is in play and for me its certainly not. I wouldnt want to commit to longterm loans and I am not even sure where I see my future so a house makes no sense. And buying one to rent it out isnt viable either. He also calculated for few examples how much money I will miss out on if I wait longer and keep the money just on a savings account. The other problem is that I am getting really nervous that the value of all that cash evaporates with these inlfation rates and uncertainty. So I started putting 25% of my cash into my broker account. Also considering to buy gold for about 10% of cash just to diversify a bit more. I probably should consider investing 25% more but maybe more into individual stocks.

Edit: wasnt meant as a reply to a certain post.

Is there a rational narrative for why TWTR would be up 25% because Musk reported he owns a chunk of it?

Possibility that Musk being involved ends up with Twitter getting acquirer at a premium.

Twitter only has one share class, apparently. This is usually good but in this case seems quite bad.

Stonks baby. I mean we’re gonna get true free speech* on the internet once again. That’s worth bilions!

*Unless you want to talk positively about unions or happen to mention that Teslas have habit of blowing up every now and then

Freedom Isn’t Free!!! If some laborers or customers have to die, well …

Not this Monday.

The stock is basically at the level now where I said I’d take the win and cash out, but now that seems crazy. I posted about this back in Feb. Looking at the year-long chart, I’m inclined to stick around,

Because he has a cult following.

Definitely seems like there would at least be a floor on how far the shares could drop before Musk would try to buy everyone out and take it private.

musk gonna FREE TRUMP

Per Matt Levine he apparently disclosed his ownership in a way that is supposed to be for passive owners, but ain’t nobody believing he’s just going to buy and hold.

The SEC is just being continuously clowned on by this asshole, total failure from that organization. If you get enough idiots to like you, there is no chance of the law applying to you. A+ job America.

Boomers really fucking love cruises.

https://twitter.com/conorsen/status/1511078015018614787?s=21&t=5jWCTRsjM1LI9QvM9bgRug

The very best way to travel is to take as much of Bland American Consumerism with you as you can. Cruises accomplish this.

1 Like

How does Twitter make money? Does it sell ads?

As obviously destructive as Facebook is, I can actually see a user benefit to “Hey, here’s a picture of your cousin’s puppy. Lookit how cute!”

I don’t get Twitter though. Why? Memes? I dunno. Just about the last thing I need is a stream of thousands of people telling me what they just thought. That’s just pure hell.

Mainly ads. They also sell user data.

1 Like

People use social media in all kinds of ways so clearly there’s no one answer. That said, Twitter is an incredible news gathering and dissemination tool. I don’t mean following NYT or WaPo or whatever. But the abtility to follow journalists and stakeholders live tweeting details from, say, regulatory meetings or legislative hearings, is awesome.

4 Likes

The dopamine hit from excoriating your favorite celebrity or politician - and having them respond occasionally! - is unparalleled.

3 Likes

Twitter is great you guys are nuts. Don’t follow terrible accounts. And FFS don’t tweet.

3 Likes