The TSLA Market / Economy

back to May 2021 levels

Very much not stonks

This is what’s scary about dips getting bought up for 12 years. How many left will confidently be buying spy at 195…

Obligatory

2 Likes

Wonder if we can beat last tech bubble performance and get back to the NASDAQ all time highs before 2038. Id probably vote yes on a nominal basis because inflation is going to be a lot higher this time through.

I’m wondering how serious inflation is going to be if I can still get a 30 year mortgage at 3.x percent.

Reminds me of this, good video about this psychological phenomenon among retail traders. Also pretty funny anti-crypto (and I guess meme stocks) prOn

1 Like

I wonder how much smartphones could play a role in accelerating losses by averaging down too early when you’ve got your average trader who now looks at their portfolio seven times a day versus firing up their Pentium when they get home from work 15 years ago to see what’s up…Oh look, Etsy is down -1.23% today, time to add before it’s too late!

I was there for the dot com boom. We were trading on work computers from arriving at the office until market close.
1-1 with my boss was to discuss which stocks to trade.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Financialjuice1/status/1496643841595686917

Whattt i bought stonks the other day cuz i thought that was the invasion. I got rugged. Now I guess i need to buy again on the real invasion

1 Like

I didn’t have any money. But my buddy was the biggest dotcom bear on the motley fool. I was riveted watching all that unfold in real time. Believe it or not I was mostly a lurker o_0

Crazy times. He ended up getting hired by TMF and moved to DC. Now he works for BATS - except it’s called something different.

His dotcom bear origins go back to having worked for Amazon in the early early days but got fired. So he was a little bitter about not losing out in a few $mil.

TMF took down all the boards from pre-2002 - so everyone could forget how insane things were, and how much their own employees pumped stuff.

In 2008 a coworker was an avid buyer of united States steel Corp and viewed as if he was owning the price of steel which was going to become the next silver when everything is made out of plastic or some shit. It ended uo dropping 90% that year and i vividly remember him asking if he was going to add and him saying " nah man, I learned my lesson with that stock market."

I still work with him and he ended up buying amc last year.

ok this seems like the real invasion…

Also lol -

https://twitter.com/JakeCordell/status/1496763881234268163

Futures down bigly.

So I guess that mean’s the rich people that run America are going to be mad. It’s hard to imagine they wouldn’t be willing to sacrifice Ukraine to get their stock portfolios back where they want them, so I would make a pretty uninformed guess that Biden goes on a major STABILITY initiative and tries to Neville Chamberlain his way out of this with an appeasement deal.

I don’t see any good options here for the US. I’ll take appeasement over the alternatives.

Also what the fuck is the point of the lol UN?

2 Likes

Wonder which stonks are going to benefit from the upcoming shift away from government spending on domestic discretionary and towards a multi year ramp up in defense spending. Military is about to get a lot of new toys.

How the fuck can it go up from $800 billion per year. Stay tuned because it will.

I assume Biden will be screaming BUT HOW ARE WE GONNA PAY FOR IT over this.

Oh yeah, for sure. The alarming thing is that there are so many people in the US that reactively want to Send Troops every single time because they have so much insecurity about their need to believe that America Is The Greatest Country In The World. Many, many Americans think that only cowardice can stop America from sending soldiers anywhere in the world to do anything they want. I think there are only two opposing forces here - one is that Russians are white, so the instinct to go to war is at least not combined with the accelerant of American racism, and the other is STONKS.