The TSLA Market / Economy

This architecture is a very basic scalable web application.

CDN stands for Content Delivery Network. These are geographically separated caches of web content (think images, html, javascript) that help speed up the responses of a web application since it doesn’t have to serve those same web content from wherever the web servers may be located. I see suzzer answered, but I’m not gonna delete it :laughing:

Also, I spot checked a few of the more unique names in that org chart and they appear to be legit only in that I can confirm they do work in tech. None of the folks I looked up put anything about being associated with TMTG though. Not planning on doxxing anyone, but one of them is a Christian Indian fellow with a very hateful Twitter feed.

lol TIL. This is save icon being a floppy disk level shit.

1 Like

what else would it be besides a floppy disk?

Gif of a hockey goalie making a sick save

1 Like

Some variation of a down arrow into a box is what most are adopting. If it’s going to be lol skeuomorphism it should at least be something in use this century. Most people under 40 have literally never used a floppy disk.

Copy icon should be a dude with a quill sitting at a desk imo.

1 Like

they’ve also never scrapbooked news articles on physical paper, but we still use “cut+paste”. i dunno, i feel some things are worthwhile to leave around as historical artifacts and references. similar to words like “horse-power” or “greenbacks”

no such thing as a good goalie. jesus saves, esposito scores on the rebound.

im 31 and definitely remember using floppy disks in middle school (around the year 2000)

Actual floppy ones? In 2000?

this looks like it was taken right after the covid crash - any idea what the ratio would be now?

Actual floppy disks were gone by then but the 3.5" disks that the save icon is based on was still called floppy.

1 Like

it was something similar to this:

FLOPPY

i went to public school in a poor part of town - so probably not up to date on the latest tech

Here’s a newer version though it looks like slightly diff scaling on Y-axis by a factor of 10

so even though market is up 40% since pre-covid the M2 ratio is not a whole lot greater. i guess that makes me feel a little better about keeping the majority of my $$ in the market.

1 Like

The actual disk part of a 3.5" floppy was still floppy.

I used to rock the 5 1/4" floppy with my Commordore 64. My uncle had the 10" floppies in his closet.

3 Likes

I’m 36 and definitely used the actual floppies to play games in elementary school and on parents and grandparents computers in the early 90s.

Those were mostly on their way out by 2000, but not that crazy. I’d also rule them as not floppy. I think 5 1/4+ are true floppies.

Yeah, in the early 90s floppies were on their way out, but not that crazy. Especially if you’re using your grandparents computer (assuming typical grandparents who aren’t at the forefront of updating ther tech).

3.5" disks were definitely always called floppy at the time. Hard disks were in your computer. Zip and jaz drives were something else.

3 Likes