The TSLA Market / Economy

What are you talking about? Look at all this gray area!

Fun fact: Ohio has roughly twice the per capita Chipotle locations compared to Texas and California.

1 Like

I mean we don’t have a lot of authentic Mexican cuisine options like in TX or CA so Chipotle is basically it if you want a burrito.

Chipotle’s quality has gone way down since 2000-2010. My guess is that’s a major factor in the shorter lines (but not the only one).

I would also speculate that there is more competition. The number of places serving “fast food but not totally disgusting like McD and Taco Bell” has gone way up since 2010.

I think the Chipotle ecoli outbreak may have played a part in their decline as well. Not sure they ever fully recovered from that.

2 Likes

IIRC, they changed the sourcing of some of their ingredients because of that. The results was safer food that doesn’t taste quite as good.

1 Like

Thanks!

3 Likes

Stocks were down for like 2 weeks when we shut down everything in 3/20. Stocks didn’t move at all when we were at peak covid in 11/20.

Stocks are stupid.

I’m so glad I learned my lessons about stonks being stupid years ago and am for the most part hands off in low cost index funds. (Although I did make some moves around covid which was like pretty much a once in a lifetime opportunity.)

Why would they be?

We aren’t doing any kind of lockdown ever again. And stocks clearly haven’t cared about the million COVID deaths so far.

1 Like

I think most of these people are just looking for pats on the back and people telling them how magnificent they are.

2 Likes

You dont have to be smart to make $400k.

1 Like

Looks like crypto is back and China/HK got hammered on Monday.

Boomers always win

https://twitter.com/awealthofcs/status/1419421569768509442?s=21

1 Like

Why are stonks not stonking?

cause you bought calls

I bought calls in a 3x inverse index ETF. Still underwater even with this move.

CMG is stonking - apparently the mediocre burrito business is unstoppable.

1 Like

think its some combination of china stonks imploding + covid mask stuff + FOMC tomorrow