The TSLA Market / Economy

Actual serious answer - you’re failing to take into account what economists refer to as the numeraire. You, and other uninformed investors (this is the most polite way for me to describe people who lack sufficient education to participate in financial markets, sorry) are often fooled by looking at the nominal price of a stock or an index, without asking, “What does that nominal price actually mean? What does it mean to be priced in dollars? Could I not alternatively ask how many paper clips a firm is worth?”

I, as an educated person, am smart enough to know that you need a more robust and fundamentally sound numeraire good to determine the true change in value. You see that the S&P500 is down about 1% and the Nasdaq is down about 2%, and you ask, “Y not stonks?”. I see that bitcoin is down 3.5% and dogecoin is down 10%, so when you price the stock indices in terms of virtual currency, they are actually stonking.

6 Likes

10 year treasury now down to 1.23%

INFLATION!!!

If you haven’t refinanced your mortgage yet, do it.

1 Like

:unamused:

2 Likes

Or take out a whole new mortgage and buy stonks stonks stonks.

1 Like

Second mortgage to buy animal nfts imo

4 Likes

imo, it’s because I recently opened a brokerage account and the money just settled. So the market has been waiting on me to invest. Thanks market!

1 Like

This is the way.

I would try lenderfi.com, bogleheads loves them and they have a reputation for a far easier closing process. You can see options within 10 mins.

If you’re over 3.25%, definitely check, probably over 3% too.

AAPL and MSFT tanking after blowout earnings. STONKS

2 Likes

You can’t value stocks by looking at earnings. You have to kill a sheep and examine its entrails for signs. This is called “technical analysis”.

5 Likes

Lol stonks. Seriously, just absurd.

Now AAPL has rebounded some and MSFT is soaring. MSFT must have a Bill Gates line of NFTs they just introduced or something.

On Robinhood. This guy is a mega elite follow.

https://twitter.com/chrisbloomstran/status/1420155137197215745?s=21

1 Like

Lol 3% interest rates, I got 1.9 in Australia

Are we supposed to be mad that Robinhood is a scam, or mad that its insiders get paid in stock rather than cash? Or somehow both at the same time? And, inevitably, also mad that retail investors can’t get in on this hot deal?

Personally, I’m just in awe of the shamelessness.

For me that’s the most banal part of the whole story. If there’s one thing that absolutely personifies this late late probably final stage of the US imperial system it’s the absolute absence of shame or fear of consequence in our elites. That and half of them pretending like this is a surprise and pretending that rules matter when interacting with people below them in the hierarchy.

1 Like

I generally like Bloomstran and don’t like Robinhood, but I really don’t understand his main criticism:

This… is what happens when startups increase in value? A dollar of invested capital buys you far less ownership now than it did several years ago?

The well off in the US are much like monarchs in the 1800s. Many of them inherited undeserved wealth, they live in bubbles where they are surrounded by yes-men, they’ve lived their whole lives insulated from bad personal outcomes, and they wrongfully attribute their personal elevated status as evidence of their inherent superiority. Of course they feel no shame - they are Superior so by definition what they do is Good. Of course they fear no consequence, they’ve never been punished before for any choice.

4 Likes

fwiw just did lenderfi last week and got 2.75%