The TSLA Market / Economy

People are so bad at math.

2 Likes

Some people are better off taking the $50 per month because if you gave them $1,000,000 they would have zero in 4 months.

2 Likes

“1/2 that million will be paid in taxes”.

Even accepting that premise, $500,000/($50 a month * 12 months) = 833 YEARS that you could just put the $500k in a freezer and extract $50/month if you wanted to.

BUT YOU’D HAVE TO PAY $500,000 IN TAXES, NO THANKS!

1 Like

Imagine if someone gave you a $billion. You’d have to pay $500 million in taxes!

No, if you have a billion you get to put it all offshore and pay $0 in taxes.

5 Likes

Now you’re telling me if I take the $500k, I have to buy a freezer, too? I’m definitely taking the monthly payment.

1 Like

Lol that’s gold

Jesus Christ that tweet. Unsurprisingly the sweaty startup guy is some dipshit trying to sell startup advice to people. Runs a subreddit with like 40k subs.

Ya but year 834 is a steep cliff.

1 Like

That $1million would put in a different tax bracket, so no thanks!

2 Likes

Too bad that million dollars is unable to create passive income.

Speak for yourself - I’m using that million to fund my first boiling oats runner.

7 Likes

Can you run boiling oats on the blockchain? Otherwise I am not interested. I also wonder how many boiling oats runners got screwed by Covid restrictions.

1 Like

This isn’t investment advice obviously. (Buy diversified, low-expense index funds obviously)

That being said, this company at least appears to be profitable and increasing its net margin, which is something that you’d expect to see with a company that should be able to leverage its fixed costs. So, knowing nothing about this company and assuming I could go back in time and either buy this company or DoorDash at its IPO price, I’d pick this one.

1 Like

later in the thread he comes back and owns up to picking the wrong choice lol

ORPH doing it again

Now >11% up, but still below some premarket activity. I haven’t pulled the trigger on this, will probably move on.

1M is still better than $50/day heh.

The Federal Reserve on Wednesday sharply raised its expectations for inflation this year and brought forward the time frame on when it will next raise interest rates.