The TSLA Market / Economy

Eh, Powell said what’s obviously true, that there will be short term, temporary inflation as the economy stabilizes.

best part of this

he didn’t stop

easy I mean who doesn’t have space to plant 4 million fucking tomatoes and also you live where winter doesn’t exist and also the fun of picking 4 million tomatoes.

3 Likes

You sound like you don’t understand scale.

4 Likes

seems like a really obvious troll

4 Likes

Matt Levine is an incredible writer. His explanation of the Greensill meltdown was 100x more informative than anything in the mainstream press. Dude is so good at making complicated shit easy to understand.

1 Like

This has to be a troll. Of course, you’re right, though. People do suck at math.

Make it $50/day and maybe we have a real question.

I thought about posting this in the TV thread, but I thought it might work better here.

I just started watching Billions. So far, it’s fine. I’m not deep enough in to have a really strong opinion.

One thing I’m curious about is Wendy’s job. Is that something that really exists? Do hedge funds pay a fuckton of money to have psychiatrist on staff whose job it is to provide psychotherapy to the workers so they can trade better or whatever. I’m perfectly willing to suspend my disbelief here, I just want to know how much suspending I’m doing.

Watching her attempt to navigate all these issues is kind of unintentionally funny. They do make references to the issues in the script, but the way they depict the setup seems more than a bit unrealistic. In fact, I just finished an episode where she has a completely foreseeable ethical dilemma, and very likely acts unethically in how she handles it (even though it is what the audience would want).

That seems way more realistic than this.

You should consider checking it out. It’s fairly entertaining and as as special bonus for you, I think you’ll find all of the side plots related to her career to be hilarious.

1 Like

don’t think 1500 mo is anywhere close to enough. Assuming half gone to taxes, a 3.7% annual return is a little more than 1500 per month

And if it’s not inflation adjusted every year it’s no ballgame.

1 Like

That’s true for you most likely. However there are plenty of people that are so financially donkish, that essentially annuitizing it at 3-4% is by far the best move.

F.I.R.E. types are complete morons so seems par for the course.

Yeah forgot about that. Basically the per month payout in this game is always waaaay higher than what you think… assuming as @Melkerson correctly points out it don’t blow it all on nose candy or whatever.

Just take the 500k and plant 100k plants - then you got 39 billion tomatoes. Lol the doctor.

4 Likes

On average, compared to this forum and the previous forum, sure. Compared to the average person, no.

I’m irrationally tilted by the people who “retired” in like 2010-2015 with 40+ years of life expectancy and less than $1m who have gotten bailed out by a historic bull market.

1 Like

My experience in RL is F.I.R.E. and passive income types are complete mouthbreathers, virtually all MRA incel types too.

Maybe so, but categorizing some dudes that named themselves @sweatystartup and “Side Hustle Kings” as FIRE practitioners is even more moronic.

Don’t the FIRE people love the whole side hustle BS?