The TSLA Market / Economy

No idea. The headlines I see involve the UK.

"The phase 1 ruling, issued on September 1, 2022, said that the merger “may be expected to result in a substantial lessening of competition within a market or markets in the United Kingdom”.

Maybe they are flexing their post-Brexit sovereignty?

walked into dollar general today and stuff was 50 cents higher than last week

that’s 10% or more

we’re doomed

1 Like

Hate to see it

3 Likes

I didn’t touch any individual big tech stocks until META tanked to $205… well that’s going great. The only saving grace is I know I’m a moran so I sized the bet appropriately.

How much net worth has Zuck last this year?

https://twitter.com/ecommerceshares/status/1585387491586379777?s=46&t=bw15GoKHmOKvENIg8ZlEDQ

Cramer!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/jimcramer/status/1584541733269938176?t=RJw76fHdvXdkopzAAiIIMA&s=19

4 Likes

Just as an aside, everything theatre debt is in free fall. AMC first lien now back at 70 (might be pandemic low levels I can’t remember), PIK notes trade north of 30 percent.

Very very very real chance that equity is a zero as soon as 2023.

they were def pushing buying earlier on cnbc, eventually one guy was like, “oh, there’s still room to go down. have you seen their metaverse?”

I hate Facebook in its theory and its practice and I’ve never bought a share of FB/Meta but I am tempted to shove some serious money in at 105. This seems like their blood in the street moment and some idiot today tried to compare them to Netflix like it connected in any way - and he ended up being wrong on them too at 180. Facebooks still has a ton of power.

IMO a likely scenario is that Meta dumps some money on the metaverse shit and it bombs, then decides to stop losing $9B a year on that, which means their earnings instantly shoot back up to $30B+ a year, and they’re worth a 15-20x multiple of that. Non-zero chance (even if it’s low) that they have success with the metaverse stuff, then the really skyrocket. Also non-zero chance they can continue to tweak the algorithm on FB and/or make some other acquisitions to boost the value of that side, as well.

1 Like

Meta actually thinks that corporations are going to spend $1500 on a headset so that their employees can have meetings with their avatars in the Metaverse?

1 Like

Nobody wants to play in the Metaverse at home, so now we will focus on trying to convince corporations to force their employees into the Metaverse during work hours (except our own Meta employees don’t want to use the Metaverse either).

So Zuck got on the call and doubled down on this metaverse nonsense, saying they’re going to spend even more money on it moving forward, truly amazing.

Sheryl Sandberg is an enormous piece of shit, but she ain’t dumb, should have known when she bailed.

1 Like

Zuck is proof that most billionaires were just in the right place at the right time

Although according to the movie “The Social Network” he did seem to have a singular focus and a particularly vicious ruthlessness about him.

Obviously being a sociopath is a good way to make a billion dollars.

The actual secret formula is being a sociopath in the right place at the right time.

8 Likes

Sold my IBA at $49.10 today, the exchange rate is towards the high end of the range so exiting now seemed better than risking the exchange rate moving back and offsetting the last 0.45% of arbitrage.

:harold:

2 Likes

Damn, Netflix is getting assblasted.