The TSLA Market / Economy

If current incumbents won’t lower prices eventually new market entrants will.

How long is that going to take? We seem to have fairly uncompetitive markets.

Gasoline almost cut in half and prices went up. I have no faith that corporations are going to lower prices before they just bleed everyone dry.

1 Like

Mexican markets will save us. I almost had a heart attack shopping at Whole Foods this week

10,000 local restaurants instead of 10,000 copies of the same franchise with horrible frozen food.

1 Like

Was shocked at how prices had risen during my first trip back to the U.S. in four years, and that was back in April. Planning another trip for January and don’t even want to think about the sticker shocks I’ll encounter then.

Lol inflationaments

1 Like

my main grocery orders for 2022, prices are up but it doesn’t seem as crazy as everyone makes it out to be. my shopping habits haven’t changed, pretty much buy the same rotation of stuff every order or every other order

here is 2021 to now

average by quarter
|Q4 2022|$189.41|
|Q3 2022|$190.38|
|Q2 2022|$186.06|
|Q1 2022|$166.85|
|Q4 2021|$166.59|
|Q3 2021|$158.18|
|Q2 2021|$176.19|

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/tiktokinvestors/status/1584593828769845248?s=46&t=O8tpwi83pAt2ypU9I72mew

1 Like

like the boyfriend dog dj

I got banned for telling Klang Fool to fuck himself (paraphrasing) when I was trying to get some help with a question I had and he kept posting “I’m prepared, why are you not prepared” LMFAO.

1 Like

This is completely egregious. The CEO makes $150 million a year despite presiding over tens of billions of market cap evaporation. This asshole clearly has no idea what he’s doing!

“We’ve already increased the prices that we were expecting this year, but I’m predicting that next year, inflation will continue, and as a consequence [we] will have other rounds of price increases,” Patricio said in an interview with CNN Business.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-25/us-corporate-profits-soar-taking-margins-to-widest-since-1950

1 Like

The strong late-pandemic labor market is giving a lift to a group often left on the margins of the economy: workers with disabilities.

Employers, desperate for workers, are reconsidering job requirements, overhauling hiring processes and working with nonprofit groups to recruit candidates they might once have overlooked. At the same time, companies’ newfound openness to remote work has led to opportunities for people whose disabilities make in-person work — and the taxing daily commute it requires — difficult or impossible.

As a result, the share of disabled adults who are working has soared in the past two years, far surpassing its prepandemic level and outpacing gains among people without disabilities.

1 Like

To whoever was interested in $ASTS, it’s probably a bad investment, per this Sep 15 short report - Kerrisdale Capital Blog - Kerrisdale Capital

Ape thinks TD Ameritrade stole a GME share from him, so he goes and steals a phone from them:
57 votes and 136 comments so far on Reddit

1 Like

had a nice rally going until the GOOG earnings dropped

Berkshire is the only individual stock I own, and that probably won’t change in the forseeable future. But man, it’s hard to believe that GOOG isn’t a good buy at <$100.

ETA: as Spidercrab did not include a “not financial advice” disclaimer, I believe you can sue him if things go sour.

2 Likes