The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

https://x.com/KaelanRamos/status/1788350234478661811

This seems like a regular feature of left-leaning satire, there’s often a character who’s conservative or has retrograde ideas, but it also portrayed in a very sympathetic way. You got your Archie Bunkers, Ted Lassos, Hank Hills, the Steve Colbert character, etc.

2 Likes

I went to a Seinfeld stand up show about 10 yrs ago. It was pretty good.

He’s a pro and that’s his thing. So, no surprise there really.

1 Like

I love this bit he does while accepting some award in 2007.

Big “Edward Norton delivering a roast” energy, even if not quite that classic.

2 Likes

First cut was to Chris Rock. Missed opportunity.

Finally watched season one of The Boys. Ended up staying up all night binging it. Lots of hilarious sex and death. Will try to watch 2 and 3 before 4 premiered.

6 Likes

That show rules. Huge highlight of the “watching TV all day every day” phase of my pandemic experience.

Edit: wait this is season two. You’re in for a treat.

Original post: The whale scene is probably my favorite thing ever. I absolutely lost it.

pencil me in for fingering the gills as my fav

Speaking of, this was a pretty funny thing to run across.

Sam Jay was the one comedian I was not familar with and I thought they did great.

I have to figure out where I am in the boys. Season 3ish partly I think. I just have a hard time staying on track with Amazon shows.

https://x.com/cd_hooks/status/1788980894809588040

8 Likes

Korean game shows > American game shows. Physical is fun, I don’t see why they don’t do an American version. Good looking people in shape doing physical activities. Seems like a no brainer.

Sanada is such a highlight in everything hes in

1 Like

Nice. Watching Gen V as well?

Eventually, I’m sure.

1 Like

Anyone who is looking for more Shogun feels, The Last Samurai is streaming for free on Tubi.

Also has Sanada, right?

2 Likes

I feel like this is an unpopular opinion but I freaking love The Last Samurai

2 Likes

It’s great and gets solid reviews. I love it too. I doubt this is a very unpopular opinion.

1 Like