The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

Yup. It hits on multiple levels.

It’s from the master Ed Zwick, who came back three years later with another banger named Blood Diamond.

1 Like

I went to look up all of what’s in Zwick’s filmography. For my money, Glory and Legends of the Fall easily best The Last Samurai, and again I think Last Samurai is great. That’s a very impressive third-best movie.

He also did…Love and Other Drugs. Welp. Like most directors, he had a flat tire along the way.

2 Likes

I enjoyed the movie despite itself, but yeah, that one scene in particular is unforgivable.

I watched The Last Samurai like 20+ times throughout college. Haven’t given it a go since then though.

1 Like

Listened to a couple podcasts talking about the Tom Brady roast. Anthony Jeselnik said he didn’t see it but he talked to people who did and the most praise was given to Nikki Glaser, Sam Jay, and Tony Hinchcliffe.

Nikki Glaser talked about working on her set for months because she thought it might be a huge opportunity for her career. Also about how Kevin Hart praising her immediately after really enhanced the perception of her work and how he told her he wasn’t going to be more famous than he already is so he was using his position to boost other people on the stage.

3 Likes

This show looks horrible.

I remember really liking Legends of the Fall.

Who would have thought that an Adam Corolla creation playing on the Daily Wire streaming service wouldn’t be good?

1 Like

I hated it as much as I loved the original Shogun (and expect to love the new one).

2 Likes

ZASLOV!!!

I would watch this one for sure.

1 Like
3 Likes

What is this witchcraft? AI?

2 Likes

Next time they post:

6 Likes

Jerry Seinfeld is 70 years old? Damn…

Doctor Who. Space babies.

1 Like

I’m joining you on this ride but at a slower pace. Just finished episode 1 and holy shit. I’m gonna love this.

3 Likes

What are the top shows of 2024 so far?

I have

1. Shogun
  2. Fallout
  3. ?

Not a top show: Sugar, True Detective

1 Like

3 body problem probably third

1 Like