The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

1. Shogun
  2. 3 Body Problem
  3. Fallout
  4. Baby Reindeer
  5. Hacks
  6. The Vince Staples Show

Waiting to watch Under the Bridge, The Sympathizer, Ripley, Extraordinary S2

I like Girls5Eva and Elsbeth but I can’t rank them amongst shows like Shogun. I do enjoy them though.

I hadn’t reflected on the year so far but looking back, it’s seems like a weaker year. I really wanted Mr. and Mrs. Smith to be better. I didn’t think it was terrible and I really liked 4 of the episodes but they weren’t enough to elevate the entire series so I couldn’t rank it.

1 Like

Such promise from that cast. After the big reveal in ep6, could not have been let down more by ep7. The aliens are getting blackmailed by some thug so they are sanctioning some sick shit to buy them a little bit of time to get off earth?

I am not built properly to enjoy Baby Reindeer.

I guess I wasn’t either. Baffled by the love it gets

Wife and I are finishing Sugar, she is so mad lol. Thank God I stopped paying attention.

1 Like

Boy they really setup for a second season.

:nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

https://twitter.com/Lubchansky/status/1792786300086657454?t=r5psFJ5cXpbShNhvJD2-jw&s=19

5 Likes

This Sugar finale is really something else

Presume you don’t mean that in a positive way.

It’s like a bad student film

Having finished three seasons of The Boys and ready to start Gen V, my main thought is that I would like a TV adaptation of Irredeemable/Incorruptible.

1 Like

I am friendly with one of the people integrally involved in Sugar. Like probably one of the most responsible for what happened here. He’s a wonderful person and brilliant. I am living in fear of the next time I see him, like what in the world could I possibly say?

1 Like

Tell him I loved it. Seriously.

It’s true that I need to rewatch the last episode because I didn’t like it that much, but that’s not because of the direction it went. Just because of the execution, I guess.

I am generally not a Colin Farrell fan but I am 2 episodes into Sugar and I don’t hate it. But these reviews make me want to stop lol.

Haven’t watched it yet but I agree on the Farrell takes. His range is limited.

1 Like

Idk about that. His performance as Penguin in The Batman made me reconsider him. Much like Mark Hamill’s performance as Joker.

I was really enjoying it at 2 episodes. At this point you have to see it through just to know what we’re talking about!

It’s 100% plot as the problem. Of course it’s hard to see how no one seemed to realize what a turd they were making.

Is Sugar where the clip comes from of Colin Farrell beating up some armed teenagers in a fast-food joint?

No, I Googled and that’s a Guy Ritchie movie. Sugar is a neo-noir set in Los Angeles.