The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

Most insane, random, and bizarre season of Survivor ever.

Post merge was much better. But lol players not understanding that:

The last 4 votes, Q was the decoy for a blindside, but tonight it’s def Q so I can hang on to my idol.

I think the only thing played all season was a shot in the dark (unsuccessfully).

I was a Charliestan but very OK with Kenzie winning. She may not have masterminded the blindsides but her ability to make each victim feel safe was the key to pulling them off.

Plus she hit the “what are you going do with the money” question out of the park.

Bhanu sucked and sucked the life out of the pre-merge.

1 Like

The story behind Courteney Cox’s big break in an iconic Bruce Springsteen music video - Smooth.

A story that’s unbelievable–meaning that I don’t believe it. Courtney Cox had already met and auditioned with Brian de Palma, and the story claims Bruce was told on this first night of the tour to “pick any girl to bring onstage during Dancing in the Dark,” and luckily he picked Cox, who was a plant among all of the other young woman at the stage.

1 Like

into my veins

4 Likes

Hoping for the best, preparing for greatness.

1 Like

I’ll watch for the OMG memories as I was in high school at this time. Never paid any attention about the actors or what they did off screen. The music was more iconic tbh

1 Like

Mad Max x Wacky Racers:

4 Likes

Just watched Nikki Glaser’s recent HBO special. Jokes about rape and suicide are my thing, so I greatly enjoyed it.

The most NBZ thing to say

1 Like

first of all, that’s a “train”

Something that bothered me about the Survivor finale:

It’s an “individual immunity challenge,” but Liz blatantly teaming up (like literally going and doing a time-consuming part of the challenge on her own) with Kenzie to beat Maria seemed to go way against the spirit of the challenge, and should have resulted in a loss by default. It completely changed the outcome, as Maria was likely to win that challenge as well. If that kind of teaming up is permissible, in the future what’s stopping everyone from teaming up in every challenge against the biggest threat and ensuring they don’t win immunity?

1 Like

Lol, im picturing something like the challenge where you have to hold your hand above your head lest a bucket of water falls on you, and just like, 8 people on the same plaform holding up the rope of the person that isnt the biggest threat

This sort of thing has happened in the past but not quite as blatant. I’m on the fence on it as it wasn’t against the rules. I suspect next season it will be explicitly against the rules.

Exactly.

Hope so.

Yeah, the one that strikes me the most is Sophie demanding Albert to help her with her tower of cards because they absolutely had to beat Ozzie or he would win the jury 8-0

that both Liz and Marisa literally dragged the giant wooden thing back through the course instead of counting the holes was lolsey. but yeah, if helping people complete puzzles is now allowed, it’s going to get stupid a la the challenge if anyone watches that nonsense.

1 Like

I’m not sure why they brought it back. I can’t imagine they didn’t have to stop and make a ruling. It’s gotta be disallowed in the future.

I don’t think Maria had the jury love either. Kenzie made the blindsides work. She’s the one that convinced all those fools to keep their idols in their pocket. Marie and Charlie were the masterminds but it was social capital that drove the actual moves.

I was a Charlie Stan coming into the finale. But when he bullshitted his way through the “what will you do with money” question I thought that he was toast and also Kenzie deserved the win.

yep, charlie beats everyone but kenzie, and it was still close. She’s just a bit more of a natural speaker and he clearly was more stiff and rehearsed. “I’ll donate to some charities and stuff” oops.

It’s clear from the backstage stuff that Tiffany basically won the game for Kenzie by going hard for her at Ponderosa. She turned several of the votes to her.