The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

Either Charlie and Marie did the strategy lifting for her or she did the social lifting for them (in terms of the actual voting gameplay). It’s like those two things happened together but not in an intentional way.

I don’t see that C/M recognized that and underestimated her.

1 Like

I wasn’t knocking her. Kenzie is who I was rooting for. I agree her social game won it. The more I watch Survivor the more I’m convinced social game is an order of magnitude more important than strategy. This from a guy who used to be a huge Russell Stan! :grin:

Also strange, lol Ben was convinced that Liz would be a threat to win it all, when it was clear that the jury had no such delusions. He should have had Kenzie & Charlie go head to head in the fire making challenge and brought Liz into the final three. Wouldn’t have changed anything for Ben, but that decision very well could have cost Charlie the win.

Ben seems like a nice dude but if the jury had 100 members he’d still have gotten zero votes, precisely because he thought Liz had > 0% win equity. I really wish Liz got some pushback for her “I would have won” tantrum, but I think people thought she was legit insane and felt sorry for her. “I’m a millionaire” lulz.

I don’t think you have a good read here. She has said her millionaire claim was a strategy and most of the cast have said she is a very smart, totally normal person who got an odd edit.

Very mean of the editors to have her psychotic demon screaming episodes and wealth brags left in, but cut out everyone else’s. But w/e maybe she’s a very nice and cool person. Do you think she could have gotten any votes over Charlie, Kenzie, or Marie?

No world does she get any votes. I was just pointing out that you need be careful relying on the edit too much. Apparently she had many confessionals where she said her millionaire thing was a ploy. They just never used any.

Well its a TV show so I guess I am mostly fine just watching what they show, but fair enough. Does make me wonder what kind of dumbass comes up with a “ploy” to tell the people that get to award a million bucks that you are so rich you don’t even want the money. Like they’d hate her so much that they’d vote to stuff another million bucks down her gullet because that’ll teach her a lesson?

Her plan was to use the millionaire claim to get to the end as a GOAT then tell everyone at FTC the truth and have them all think it was brilliant.

Not a great plan, but not tons different than all the people who have lied about their profession.

I like at least it was a new angle even if it has a very low chance of success.

Wait, she actually wasn’t a millionaire? (Not that it would have mattered…)

1 Like

Nope it was all made up. She is a middle class business women.

Q is actually rich and is saying he is going to replace the now defunct Sia prize by paying someone $20k. He hasn’t said who.

1 Like

Also this about the applebees thing

Wife and I stumbled on Expedition From Hell, on Max. What a crazy story. And we are only halfway through

So its a weekly release. 4 episodes currently. New episodes on sunday. Its fucking crazy

Been watching Outer Range as i am fairly out of shows to watch and what happened to Josh Brolin? The show is ok but full of massive plot holes.(Only through a little over 1 season and considering quitting) He went from NCFOM to this shit in a little over a decade. Wat?

Haven’t seen that show, but Josh Brolin is still getting good parts. In the Dune movies recently. Had a significant MCU run. Sicario, Inherent Vice, True Grit. I don’t think he’s failed to parlay NCFOM into being a pretty big deal.

2 Likes

The show isn’t bad at all. In fact I would say it’s pretty entertaining and a decent popcorn watch. You just need to shut off your brain to really enjoy it. Which is fine. It’s still better than median TV.

1 Like

Goonies 2

He was dead broke before NCFOM. And I’m not sure how long he’s been sober, but let’s assume he blew any money he got before that time and probably had debts. IMO if the money is green he’s probably up for it.

1 Like
1 Like