The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

Wife and I have been watching Dark Matter on Apple. It’s very interesting, don’t really have any complaints. Well, I guess the color scale is very gray.

They do a good job at explaining things in time for us not to get too confused (it’s a multiverse sci-fi show), but at the same time not just doing exposition dumps left and right. So we get to wonder what’s happening, come up with our theories/ideas, but not get frustrated that it’s too confusing.

1 Like

Dark Matter is an excellent book. Think I devoured the whole thing over the course of about 48 hours. Glad to hear the adaptation is going well.

1 Like

It’s not elite TV or anything, but we are certainly enjoying it. A good sign for us was that we didn’t realize it was only one episode per week, so we were disappointed earlier this week when we sat down to watch and we didn’t have a new episode yet.

1 Like

I’m in. After the constellation disaster of alternate universes/ralities, this is high art. Jennifer Connelly doesn’t hurt.

I can’t believe I never saw this video until a few months ago. Jennifer Connelly with baby fat.

1 Like

Wow. Fantastic.

i figured out that it was a split edit with the “A” world when Jason was approaching what he thought was worlds house. But didnt expect the whole Jason is a dangerous felon twist in that world. Still never done better than in the time travel Simpsons toaster

3 Likes

Holy shit at 2:00 THAT’S where that horse riding gif comes from???

Ugh my pony is coin operated

5 Likes

That there is how you describe a slow pony.

7 Likes

Pretty sure I first became aware of Jennifer Connelly from Seven Minutes in Heaven, a mostly-forgotten but IIRC very sweet 80’s coming-of-age joint.

I associate her closely with Ione Skye, another 80’s actress with whom I was enthralled. I met her a few years ago and was very tongue-tied.

2 Likes

Toss in Phoebe Cates and you got the trifecta.

1 Like

The '80s: When boobies sold tickets

1 Like

How much have things really changed? Did you miss the Sydney Sweeney mania over the last year?

So you’re saying it’s me that’s changed? Inconceivable

IDK. Nudity is considered Oscar bait now? And gratuitous boobage is nearly non-existent. (Except Oppenheimer?)
The tv show Hacks threw a shower scene in out of nowhere, and I was (pleasantly) shocked

The “Joey Joe Joe Jr. Shabadoo” line is so perfect that it’s always a bit disappointing to deal with the hacky addition of the real Shabadoo running out of the bar crying. I always wish they found a better way to pin that joke.

Why is Disney+ calling the most recent episodes of Doctor Who “season 1”?

They’re trying to make it an easier jumping on point for new fans and they don’t have the rights to previous seasons.

I watched the first episode with my kids last night. It was pretty goofy even by Doctor Who standards. I wouldn’t say it’s a great jumping on point, but I’m not sure what would be better. Maybe start with early Christopher Eccleston episodes and then skip ahead as desired.