The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

this has really given me hope, I’ve got a shitton of show ideas and now that this thing not only got greenlit but actually made it to screen I have the confindence to start pitching them

• gritty gender-swapped glengarry glen ross reboot
  • gritty Oz reboot but it’s JK Rowling instead of JK Simmons
  • gritty Kindergarten Cop reboot starring R. Lee Emery
  • gritty Demolition Man reboot except Panda Express wins the franchise wars
  • gritty Santa Clause reboot but it’s Paul Blart: Mall Santa
  • gritty Golden Girls reboot except it’s the two old ladies from Downton Abbey
4 Likes

Hmmmmm

I can see this being a plus

2 Likes

Hate to break the news but approximately six years ago…

2 Likes

Wait wat

welp

3 Likes

That prequel not going to happen now

I think an idea that would get more traction is a gender swapped Golden Guys where they are all old cancelled comics that rant about woke culture. You know that there are dozens of comedians just dying to make a show like that.

1 Like

Well thankfully, minus the “woke culture” ranting, we did get a great old dudes show out of The Kominsky Method. People who haven’t watched that should still do so.

1 Like

Nick dipaolo a lock

I thought the first episode of The Penguin was brilliant.

1 Like

LOL, I kept thinking about how much he reminded me of Tony Soprano.

Place your bets

Mr. McMahon doc on Netflix is excellent, and the last episode makes me miss Dvaut.

Nobody Wants This is a romcom series on Netflix with Kristen Bell and Adam Brody. It’s very good. They have great chemistry and it’s actually really funny.

Concur on Nobody Wants This. Side characters are A+ as well

1 Like

I will reiterate: English Teacher on FX/Hulu

1 Like

I thought the finale of Industry was uneven. Like much of the show this season it tried to do too much and took itself too seriously. I was surprised to learn that was not the series finale and think they’ve got a tough road ahead.

Uneven is a perfect word. I really liked some stuff (there were wonderful individual performances) , but the pacing seemed a bit off, both in terms of the way the show was edited and also the timeline of how events were playing out for the characters. The ending was so disjointed that it felt like 5 separate finales instead of one conclusion.

I’d watch the hell out of a microdosing Rob in Silicon Valley spinoff tho

Pretty good piece here, obviously massive spoilers:

1 Like

I feel like I watched the first two seasons of industry but I’m not sure. Does it take place in England?

And there is a season 3?