The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

looking at the wikipedia page it looks like both the movie and tv MASH producers (apparently completely separate outfits) both wanted a piece, and the Trapper John producers were able to argue it was only related to the movie, not the TV show, even though the pilot had footage from the TV show used for flashback/dream sequences?!??

The Octopus Murders on Netflix is must-watch; if for no other reason, because you think Reagan and his people were evil, but you have no idea how right you are

Sounds like a Squid Game knockoff.

2 Likes

sadly, no

Anyone watch that reality series Making the Band? It was originally on ABC then moved to mtv.

The reason I was thinking about it was diddy was the second guy they had on the show to form bands. The original mentor was Lou Pearlman.

Both these guys have turned out to be absolute creeps. It seems the music and entertainment business is rife with exploitation that goes beyond just financial abuse.

It skeeves me out I watched the entire how many seasons there were of this show. Predators love the entertainment business because it’s easy to prey on the hopes and dreams of young people, their parents and often adults.

2 Likes

Yes i watched the first couple seasons with O Town and the diddy group. Good call out

3 Likes

alwayshasbeen.jpg

From my view things are definitely better since Weinstein / #metoo. But yeah when a bunch of dumpy guys who girls didn’t talk to in high school become the gatekeepers to potential fame and fortune, it’s not great.

I went to a meeting of the agents association after the Weinstein stuff where we talked about how we can better protect our clients and they had an attorney there who basically said “if you do anything to police this kind of thing you are implying that it’s your responsibility and therefore open yourself to liability if something bad happens”. I was like “How about no business meetings in places that have beds? Can we start there?” and some people were like “Well, I don’t know…”. It was ridiculous.

3 Likes

episode 5 of the new menendez brothers show on netflix is craaaaazy. just 45 minutes on the one brother telling his lawyer about his dad.

i swear at one point there wasn’t a cut for 7 or 8 minutes.

also, javier bardem is a great actor.

2 Likes

i’m 7/9 episodes in, and this is excellent. great acting, great dialog, really good.

brutal though. hard to watch in some places. a 20-minute monologue about your dad molesting you and your brother for a decade and that’s not even a top-3 “JESUS WTF” moment.

really high production value, netflix doesn’t fuck around.

1 Like

Impressive dive into the costumes of The Boys

https://x.com/dieworkwear/status/1838332971440574945

1 Like

The Penguin first episode was good. Doesn’t even really seem like comic book stuff, more like a mob show.

2 Likes

I heard someone describe it as The Sopranos in the Batman universe.

1 Like

Obviously we’ve only had 1 episode but yeah I could see that. Farrell is great in it.

I should rewatch The Batman, I think I liked that one quite a bit but don’t remember much about it.

2 Likes

Yeah the sopranos memes have been running with this

6 Likes

8 Likes

16 Likes

I watched the new Matlock show, and it’s pretty stupid. The big twist is

Kathy Bates isn’t really a poor grandma. She’s a rich grandma with a chauffeur and a mansion. She adopted the Matlock identity because Matlock was the favorite show of her daughter who died from a drug overdose. And now she’s infiltrating a biglaw firm that defended opioid manufacturers to take down a dirty lawyer.

Anyone watching the new season of Slow Horses? Was darkly funny to see Hugo Weaving almost get bone sawed. My not so hot take is that the mystery man who tried to kill River’s grandfather is River’s brother or half-brother

1 Like

jesus christ kathy bates must be up to her neck in gambling debt

1 Like