The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

4 Likes

He got a bad draw and then he made one of his initial allies the big strong could who is a minimum unstable. i get a manipulative vibe off him in that at least half the time he is actively trying to be a martyr/woe is me. Maybe it’s an ego self defense mechanism he doesn’t have much self realization about, but my phony antenna is pinging.

We had a guy like that freshman year. Would lay in his suitemates room with an empty pill bottle. Turns out the pills were under his mattress or something. He would perk up when people started calling 911.by the end of the year jokes were flying about taping an envelope on his door for “razor blade donations”.

Surprised to not see any thoughts on Ep1 of The Penguin.

Thought it was pretty good. Having the Kurgan play Sal Maroni should make for some interesting scenes going forward. I’ve always enjoyed Clancy Brown’s work.

1 Like

Anybody catch Heels on Starz? Looks like its available on Netflix now.

Saw the first season (binged during a free trial) and really enjoyed it. Liking wrestling will definitely help, but isn’t necessary. It’s basicaly a good family/ workplace dramedy that happens to be set in the very indie wrestling world.

I didn’t have Starz for season 2, but will definitely be watching now that it’s on Netflix.

1 Like

I don’t have Max and can’t see myself making time for Penguin unless it gets great reviews. I didn’t like previous TV shows like Krypton or Gotham that explored superhero stories without the main superhero.

So I checked out The Prestige TV podcast covering Penguin ep1. It sounds a lot more interesting than I expected, but not enough for me to want to watch it.

1 Like

Whenever I see an ad for Penguin it makes me think of

4 Likes

i was about to watch the penguin but when i realized richard karn wasn’t portraying the penguin i decided not to

1 Like

Comic book shit made into normie TV is the lowest form of entertainment. It always sucks

2 Likes

Edited for clarity.

2 Likes

Must have been something wrong with me 'cause I hated comic books as a kid, and the movie/TV derivatives even more so as an adult.

1 Like

What if Colombo was always explaining his schtick to the other characters?

4 Likes

sorry I’m not watching a gender-swapped matlock unless she wears seersucker exclusively

1 Like

It doesn’t even seem to have anything to do with the original Matlock, which exists as an in-universe TV show in the new one.

1 Like

What how is that even legal

2 Likes

They might have gotten permission from the original creator (or whoever holds the rights now). Cut a bit of a check for the new show plus convince them that the rights to the old show might become more valuable if the new show takes off and you can probably get a deal done.

Ask Matlock

2 Likes

I read something a while back that the creators of Trapper John MD tried to argue in court that despite the character’s name and profession, it somehow was NOT a spinoff of MASH. I guess they were trying to weasel out of some royalty payments

1 Like

Of course, the doctor on that show had basically zero similarities to the doctor in MASH

1 Like

Bay Area doctor that’s about it