The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

It’s the original one. I’m rewatching it here and there and it’s fantastic with a great cast. Sucks that it’s just 1 season.

Yeah it’s a great season. There is a 2nd season with an unrelated story/cast that I never watched.

I’m only hearing about it now, just finishing S1 and it’s fantastic. Surprised it didn’t get more buzz.

Yea the original season is great, I saw it on Netflix other day and thought about watching it, got confused cuz it said it was an anthology series but makes sense now

The Terror :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Survivor spoiler for ep one

Fuck

Im not likely to watch, how does someone like that eat first boot? Playing too hard too fast?

Nope total bad luck. Another player went nuts and he was hit with shrapnel.

1 Like

Thats the worst. Same thing happened to Brian in Big Brother 10, a season he had a good chance of doing great in if he survived the first boot.

Also at 41 he somehow got on a tribe with all significantly younger. That is, he was clearly on the other side of a generational divide (technically he’s an old millennial or young X?).

We’re called Xiennials

1 Like

Finished The Terror second viewing and decided to google to read more about these arctic passageway attempts from the British and realized the story is actually a mostly true story? Down to the lead poisoning, people, ship names, cannibalism, etc? Wild.

2 Likes

Listen to Episode 19 Part One of probably my favorite podcast ever: https://interestingthingsexplainedwell.libsyn.com/

Then listen to the rest of them, because every single one is a banger.

1 Like

hard disagree

That was like 99% bad play and 1% bad luck. Booting Andy was the easy, obvious play. Too much FPS and he got got.

This is just wrong if you listen to his exit interview or the analysis at places like rhap. Nobody thinks he played poorly. You might actually be the only person I’ve seen make this claim.

How can it be wrong? He’s not there anymore. He could have easily survived. Very easily.

I’m sure we can conjure up EV to his actions, but it’s all highly speculative. It’s early and the chance of this being the move that gets him far is almost zero.

I don’t listen to rhap, but if you could give some short cliffs of why his attempted move was so great, I’m all ears.

Nobody I have read or seen thinks he could have survived very easily. All the “who is going” was just editing for suspense like it ways is.

After dude went nuts the 4 were 100% getting rid of one of the two and they very early on locked in on keeping strength which is the right thing to do with tribes of 6

Dude doesn’t go nuts it is very likely John doesn’t go home.

Why not? They had basically already lost at that point were going to tribal. Who on yellow is going home instead if Andy doesn’t go nuts.

That’s different discussion but we began this by arguing if John played poorly. I don’t see any evidence of that.

Well, the evidence is what was shown, but if you’re claiming “editing”, then it’s going to be hard to resolve this. Any number of things might have happened that weren’t shown.