The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

All of the show is mostly in England. Season 3 concluded last night - Kit Harington is in it, so if you haven’t seen him yet you haven’t seen Season 3. A few weeks ago they announced there would be a Season 4.

1 Like

There’s definitely some of this. The three seasons have gotten progressively less funny, IMO, as they try to make the show “say” something.

I still really enjoy it because it’s good fun, but they have to make everything bigger and more shocking every season and eventually it’s just too over the top. They’ll have a really hard time nailing the landing on this because if they just keep doubling down on the “intensity” then it will eventually just suck.

The trading floor scenes are my favorite parts of the show. It definitely felt like a series finale.

2 Likes

https://x.com/DEADLINE/status/1841137575316300178

2 Likes

I saw a supposed leak of the S19 cast. If the leak is right it isn’t an A-lister. In fact I didn’t recognize him by name. But after looking him up it was an “Oh that guy” moment. You have definitely seen him in stuff and seems like he would have a good energy for the show.

Official cast drops at the end of the running season, so we will see here in a month or two.

Yeah I haven’t seen s3. I always wondered if anyone watched the show. I watched it last time I had max. Next time I get it I will look it up. I enjoyed the first two seasons.

2 Likes

Reminded of this by watching The Fly tonight, here’s a skit I’ve always loved from the early 90s Jeff Goldblum SNL.

2 Likes

Anyone watch the Rings of Power season finale? It was their best episode by far I thought. It’s still a little hard to get too excited when you know the ultimate storyline but there’s still plenty of subplots I don’t know, as I only read/watched LOTR, not the Hobbit or Silmarillion. And for whatever reason, the actress playing Galadriel annoys the shit out of me.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good.

I asked this earlier and still don’t get it:

Was it just random chance than when Galadriel jumped ship that Halbrand/Sauron was the first person she ran into when he pulled her out of the sea.