The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

Yeah, I struggle to want to commit to any number of episodes with a subgenre that hasn’t done a lot for me yet, but I’ve tried diving into the Miyazaki catalog of films to get one sampling of extremely popular anime. Some of those are good, though that’s kind of been my ceiling with them and the crazy superlatives I see about how amazing those works are still leaves me feeling like I just kinda don’t get it. But I’m committed to continuing to try.

1 Like

I would if I had Netflix. Reviews have been glowing.

1 Like

You want recs? Movies, TV series?

One piece is fantastic. I think some people get intimidated by the length but its just a ton of fun.

I enjoyed that Cyberpunk anime on Netflix despite never playing the game

Voted no. The lone gaijin in Japan who doesn’t probably. Just can’t get into it.

2 Likes

Terminator zero spoilers I guess.

Its a terminator movie plot. Again. With the pieces shuffled around. Again. (And yes, its actually on purpose, but it doesn’t help that its still the same story and action and all that, for most of the season). If you’re not tired of that yet, go nuts! It was fine.

also it is very much traditional style anime, no blue eyed samurai stuff here. Personally I like the latter style much more.

1 Like

My son enjoyed it. Havent seen it myself yet

1 Like

Youre missing out on some great stuff writing off animation as a whole.

In the last 4 years we’ve had Arcane, Inside Job, Scavengers’ Reign, Primal, Blue Eyed Samurai, and Pantheon which are all top tier, 5 bag, A+ shows

3 Likes

Yeah Terminator Zero just looks cheaply made imo. I’ll probably keep watching just for nostalgia

Delicious in Dungeon is a much better Netflix anime.

1 Like

I hate to waste someone’s time. I don’t think I am ready yet. I still haven’t watched the latest season of The Bear. Been stuck on podcasts for a bit.

Maybe when I feel more receptive I will ask.

1 Like

I am sure. Although I do hold a bit of a bias versus animation because anything you write you can do on screen. It’s a little harder with live action. But I am not knocking anime or the writing. Just a minor prejudice I have but wouldn’t keep me from enjoying a show.

Perhaps I am afraid if I get into it I will have too much to watch.

Not sure if this belongs here, but does anyone know the most economical way to watch out an out of market single team nfl?

NFL doesn’t have single team packages, but since I’m not doing fantasy this year I don’t need the expensive Sunday Ticket which gives you every game. Just curious if there was another streaming choice, but I’m guessing the answer is no

Yeah, for legal options it’s Sunday Ticket or nothing for home viewing.

1 Like

Yeah, if you want your standard national games, an antennae would work fine, or youtube tv or fubo )both rocking about $70 a month.

2 Likes

I think I’m a broken record with this: nflbite dot com

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about getting an antenna. There’s a couple of guys in the house who love football and would make it fun to watch with them.

Any suggestions for an antenna? I’m looking at this one.

They’re probably all similar enough, especially if you’re reasonably close to the station transmitters. We use the Mohu Leaf and it works great, though tbh it’s about 3x the price of the one you found and I’d probably just buy the cheaper one

1 Like

Yeah, your location is really the only variable that will matter. The one you linked should work if your proximity is close enough and there’s nothing blocking your ability to get good reception. Despite being plenty close, I can’t get an antenna to work in my apartment for most channels, and kicking it all the way up to a $65 unit didn’t make a difference.

1 Like

Appreciate y’all