The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

If you are terminally on Twitter or TikTok, you have probably seen the big-eyed, wide-mouthed, wife adorer and pop star TJ Mack*, most famous for his song “Sitting.” Or maybe you have enjoyed following the life of Internshit Guy.

The creator of those characters, Brian Jordan Alvarez, also created and stars in a new sitcom on FX (and Hulu) called English Teacher. First two episodes were this week. It’s good! It’s funny! Watch it!

*My daughter got me a TJ Mack mug for Hanukkah and I have his picture as the desktop background on my gaming PC.

1 Like

Buffalo Wild Wings (or similar)
Order six pack of wings and a water.
Eat. Very. Slowlllllllllly.

Dale Cooper. Hope the giant gives him better clues this time.

2 Likes

Since he said “out of market,” YoutubeTV will be as useless as cable.

1 Like

Saw a promo for that show. Piqued my interest.

BES picks up outstanding animated program emmy

https://www.cbr.com/blue-eye-samurai-emmy-outstanding-animated-program/

2 Likes

Mizu from blue eyed samurai. Those kidnappers better run.

3 Likes

https://x.com/HBO/status/1833189079690973544

3 Likes

George’s girlfriend really shows too sharp of an eye in noticing that Elaine cited George as the buyer of the big salad. Makes me think George was onto something.

1 Like

I enjoyed the David Chase / Sopranos doc on HBO. At first I was like “oh God is this whole thing going to be David Chase talking?” but it wasn’t. I would have taken about 20 more episodes, but I’m glad we got the two.

1 Like

The algorithm has started showing me clips from bondi rescue. Holy fuck this is good tv.

That somewhat obscure adult animation series also soundly defeated The Simpsons, Bob’s Burgers, and Scavengers Reign.

6 Likes

As much as I felt nostalgia for that old x-men series I enjoyed BES infinitely more.

1 Like

Yeah, it shouldnt have even been close. In fact '98 was a distant third in my book to BES and Scavengers

3 Likes

20240911_150145

Never forget.

Undercover which is a Dutch(I think) cops and organized crime show is fucking great imo. Another foreign show that rocks that I have never heard of. 3 seasons of the main show and then a 2 season prequel so lots to watch for the binge watcher.

1 Like

It’s really all Elaine’s fault. She could’ve just gotten a regular salad. But no, she had to get the BIG salad!

3 Likes

Just finished bingeing Winning Time. Even for a Lakers fan like me, it was kind of slow, but I was in an airplane with limited options, I powered through.

Felt like a show about the Lakers for the haters. Kind of a downer that they ended with '84 finals instead of '85. Also reliving that was not fun.

Best part was the casting, imo. They really nailed that.

2 Likes

Yeah, English Teacher is a winner.