The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

True, though Jerry was dating a teenager as a forty-something back before Seinfeld had achieved billionaire-level success.

You can tell by the way he talks to this interviewer that he’s pretty damn insufferable.

Thankfully, none of this has made it difficult to enjoy Seinfeld reruns. Not that he’s done anything Cosby-level evil (to my knowledge), but it’s probably also helpful that he wasn’t profiting from any sort of wholesome “America’s dad” image to begin with.

1 Like

What a douche. As soon as she says “me too” he gets ready to fire the asshole lasers.

2 Likes

Watched fallout as a non game player. Really enjoyed it.

The plot elements were not as predictable for me, and really enjoyed seeing it all unfold.

Going to take an unusual take. I really liked Max as a character. He’s just this kind of fucked up, broken kid in a mans body, and I think he plays that really well. He’s got a lot going on in some of his micro expressions.

I think he’s best read as having a lot of potential darkness and betrayal in him, and I would enjoy him taking a turn to evil.

I didn’t like that they resolved the “did he put the knife in his friends boot” question. That was better left unknown

4 Likes

I’m not finished with the season yet, but that’s where I am with Max, too. I think he’s a very interesting character.

It’s pretty wild that Jessie Spano ever would have even attempted the line of “we were just kissing to celebrate how excited we were that we don’t like kissing each other.”

I watched a bunch of his comedian’s in cars episodes back to back and realized he is a bit too much of a prima donna to be likable. You get feeling he only cares about other comedians, is a dick to the waitstaff, and wouldn’t be a good hang at all.

1 Like

Omg, I’ve been watching Royal Pains on Netflix and there is an absolutely laughable commercial built in to the show for autotrader. Surprisingly I couldn’t find a clip on YouTube but if anyone wants a good laugh:

Royal Pains
Season 6 > Episode 12> 18 minutes in

Finished Fallout. I like Max. I think he’s the most interesting character in the show.

1 Like

I didn’t know this thread existed but found it hoping to see what people thought about Fallout. I knew nothing about the video games other than that they existed and thought it was pretty good. I’m curious how players feel about the TV adaptation and whether there are inside jokes or references I’m not getting

1 Like

As someone who has seen the same plot in like, 3 previous games, it didnt strike well with me.

The praise for Max the last couple days is baffling to me

There are definitely little shout outs to players and you recognize all of the food, factions, companies etc. I thought it was a good season, as far as video game adaptations go it’s one of the best.

5 Likes

Only one post from @RiskyFlush on latter half of s2 of Invincible?

Pretty great season imo. Thoughts:

Main theme revolves around coping with trauma and transformation in people with super powers or their close ones. Whether it’s Rick and Donald getting reconstructed bodies, Noland realizing what he’s done and what he now believes in or Matt coming to grips with what it truly means to have powers at the scale he has.

I think the storytelling is coherent with the themes. The Rick storyline seems pretty redundant to me, though I guess it’s small enough that it earns its place through having Donald come to grips with his humanity and worth.

The Amber and Matt story concluded in the best way it could imo, at least for Amber. She escaped with her life, somewhat scarred but she’ll probably be able to find love again and be a normal human with a normal life (unless Earth is taken over by Viltrumites I guess). Teared up at their break up scene, great acting and well-written, totally believable.

All in all, still one of the best series of the last few years for me, animated or no.

2 Likes

Peacock raising prices; crunch roll raises prices; fubo cut channels; Netflix getting rid of one of their cheapest plans;

baby reindeer was a wild ride, sheesh.

Looks like Cobra Kai is ending with a 15 episode season spread out over 3 5 episode parts starting in July.

2 Likes

Man I love Cobra Kai. Is it top tier tv? No, but it is so much better than it has any right to be. Being an 80s kid probably enhances the experience for me greatly.

3 Likes

You nailed it. Idk why I didn’t mention it but I saw it and loved it. The show has a very odd rewatchability for me. I’ve seen that Atomic Eve special episode several times.

1 Like

Doing a Breaking Bad rewatch with my wife, who has never seen it. She’s already been rattled a couple of times but we are approaching the end of Jane. Reasonable chance that’ll be too much for her.

2 Likes

Just skip that ep and convince her The B in Apartment 23 is a spinoff

6 Likes