The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

Sorry

Kevin Can Fuck Himself from AMC is now available om Netflix and its delightful, and we are through 4 episodes. The concept is awesome, and the main male lead does a really really good Ralph Kramden. All of the actors are great.

Check it out, again im only 4 eps in, but its a 4.5/5 for me right now.

1 Like

Regarding LOST: Are y’all aware of the fan recut of the complete series in chronological order (“Chronologically LOST”)? I.e. it starts with Jacob & MiB’s mother washing up on the beach and goes on with S5 time jump stuff. It’s bonkers, but obviously nothing for a first time watch lol.

I think I found that on torrent years ago, but there’s a YT playlist (that doesn’t look complete though): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLozBJyoiL9S0zimULLglcJSC2-eQZBW_p

1 Like

Whoooooa. It’s like the Memento recut all over again.

It’s hard to conceive of something much less alluring than a chronological recut of a non-chronological work.

2 Likes

[me shyly putting away my realist reinterpretation of a picasso masterpiece]

4 Likes

1 Like

I hear you, but if you watched the show and liked it, it’s great fun.

1 Like

It’s strange how a show with such mixed chronology would feel even stranger when events are put in order, but I’m enjoying it.

And speaking of Lost, checking out the new Ring episodes, and as I see it Sauron appears to be a bit like the MiB?

I watched The Crow movie again and got to thinking about the terrible sequels, but that reminded me of the TV show The Crow: Stairway to Heaven.

I only saw a few episodes when it first aired but remembered really liking it. Unfortunately the show is not available anywhere legit, so I watched a few episodes on Dailymotion.

Man, this show is bad. Real bad. Young me certainly had a taste for terrible (I still like Highlander: the series but it’s on the same level). Not even Mark Dacascos as Eric Draven can save this show.

Lost taught me how I don’t want to watch episodic television. One episode every three or four weeks. That was how abc was rolling it out at one point it felt like. Breaks are fine if a show is written that way but just chopping up a serial show with multiple week breaks is no bueno. Caused me to bail on the show.

1 Like

I looked up the og batman series the other day. It was only on three years but had 120 episodes.

1 Like

Been on a Mad Men rewatch (still great ofc), and it’s now back on Netflix here since last month.
However they have removed the ep (s3e3) where Roger does blackface, wtf ? it’s an incredibly cringe scene, but it’s not portrayed as anything else
also they don’t give a warning that an ep is skipped, and it’s one where important characters appear for the 1st time (Hilton, Henry), so it must be super confusing for viewers on later eps.

(fortunately I didn’t realize it was on there, so I was still torrenting when I was at that point…lucky break)

3 Likes

1 Like

I’m so fucked. It’s the people from Succession.

3 Likes

Lol they’d just abandon you to new phone who dis

1 Like

Mountain Men for me. Think I’ve got a decent shot at a rescue mission. Depending on what they’re rescuing me from lol

1 Like

Sauron. :scream:

2 Likes

I’m only two episodes in, but I suspect that I’m screwed.

From

2 Likes