The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

Interesting. Just saw an interview with Hiroyuki Sanada in which he hinted there might be a second season of Shogun, which would obviously go beyond the scope of the novel upon which it is based.

Still need to watch the current season.

1 Like

I barely had to scroll up for this, I guess this thread has had a quiet week. For Wichita regarding seasons 4 and 5. Iā€™m due for a rewatch of 1-3 too, itā€™s been too long.

3 Likes

Yeah seasons 4 and 5 are only worth watching as a curiosity. I mean its not terrible, but it just doesnā€™t work for some reason.

2 Likes

Anyone watching ā€œEvilā€? It just finished Season 3, but will wrap the series up with a 4-episode 4th season starting next week! :transmet_smiley:

Think you need to check the wiki. 4 seasons so far.
Watched 1 and 2 on netflix and donā€™t have paramount+ so holding off Season 3 and 4 for now.

Yep, sorry I mixed that up. Final 4-ep 5th season next week.

2 Likes

I have a vague recollection that season 4 had a ton of flashbacks or something to the earlier seasons and it just felt both forced and like a recap of earlier material. But i didnt make it far so that may have just been the first episode or two.

I like the show. There is no season 5 though. Season 4, Episode 14 airs next week and thatā€™s the series finale. It is over after next week.

They had character focused episodes rather than the ensemble format I think mostly due to scheduling difficulties but it just didnā€™t hit the same. I would agree that thereā€™s some good AD stuff in 4 and 5 but it just doesnā€™t reach those same heights. Also, Will Arnett forgot how to plau GOB or something in S4. Itā€™s really distracting imo.

1 Like

Dunno, Wikipedia says otherwise:

On February 15, 2024, it was announced that the fourth season was scheduled to premiere on May 23, 2024, and that it would be followed by a shortened, four-episode fifth and final season, which is set to premiere the week after the end of season 4.

Someone was mentioning Yellowstone recently so decided Iā€™d finish it only to learn the last episodes still havenā€™t aired from a couple years ago when I stopped watching. wtf.

My wife and I have watched first two episodes of Sunny (Apple). Intriguing so far. Doing a good job of making us interested in what might happen next.

jesus I couldnā€™t get past like 3 episodes

1 Like

Itā€™s perfect soapy slock.

yeah I love that shit normally, it just seemed TOO soapy, idk, just every character was like maxxed out to 11, give me a LITTLE subtlety

One thing it has is zero subtly. I got forced to start watching it but once I accepted what it was itā€™s a good example of it.

https://x.com/spirkock/status/1823718196702265639

2 Likes

Im always torn on this. Clearly I want the best show possible but another year and a half at minimum feels like a kick in the nuts.

3 Likes

Yeah. On one hand the whole timing of TV seasons around summer break and holidays come hell or high water leads to a lot of rushed garbage. Waiting 2+ years between seasons is rough though. Thatā€™s a lot of downtime to absorb. This year has been particularly rough for new releases, and I suspect the strikes played a major role in that. I think Iā€™d take the trade-off of longer gaps and shorter seasons of high quality programs vs 20+ episode annual releases of mediocre stuff.