The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

The city Twin Peaks is based on has a population of about 14K

1 Like

Its also partly based on Fall City which has a pop just north of 2K

Hereā€™s what another website says about it:

One fun fact about the sign was that the sign would have originally featured the population size to by 5,120 but the executives of ABC felt that that number was too low. This was especially true for the television audiences of the 1990s. So a ā€œ1ā€ was added to the population number, making it to 51,201.

2 Likes

No idea if Coulier is in on the bit here or not.

1 Like

Regarding best openings, I randomly thought of Nowhere Man today. It was a mid-90s show on UPN. I remembered loving it in high school and then they canceled it after one season. I probably will never be more disappointed in a TV show cancellation in my life than I was with that one.

Found the first episode on YouTube and I still loved it almost 30 years later. Because of the differences in technology, Iā€™m not sure it could be remade today, but Iā€™d love to see someone give it a shot.

1 Like

I stuck it out with Presumed Innocent. Worthwhile due to the acting. The twist was kind of suspected as it was the most shocking possibility.

1 Like

My first time watching Arrested Development.

Please rank the seasons for me

1 Like

Might as well be 1=2=3>>>>>>>>>>>>>4=5

But I wouldnā€™t argue any ranking as long as 4 and 5 are last

1 Like

re-rewatching Samurai Champloo, absolute gem. Every episode feels fresh and cool.

2 Likes

cant-wait-to-see-you-excited

7 Likes

I didnā€™t really pay attention to the seasons of Arrested Development. Definitely the kind of show that you can miss an episode here or there and it doesnā€™t take away much. It is extremely rewatchable though, so youā€™ll end up catching that missed episode eventually!

1 Like

2,1,3>>>>>>>>>>>4/5

Seriously I think the first 3 episodes of season 2 are a perfect trifecta of television

So so good

Watched the first episode of the new season of Umbrella Academy. I remember liking the show, but there is always so much time between seasons that I donā€™t remember a goddamn thing.

1 Like

This is why God invented 5 min recap vids on youtube. I remember bailing halfway through the previous season, got weaker imo.

I think season 3 is slightly weaker than the first two, and season 1 takes a few episodes to find its tone. Overall all seasons are very good and quite even though. Like MCG said above, early season 2 is really great.

I honestly wouldnā€™t watch 4 and 5 if I were you. A different time, a different show.

2 Likes

Unexpected benefit of adding Paramount+ is that I get to watch Are You Afraid of the Dark with my son.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Maybe that was on purpose, like in The Shining?

1 Like

Harington recently told the Associated Press that heā€™s not a ā€œHouse of the Dragonā€ viewer.

ā€œI just canā€™t watch it,ā€ he said. ā€œI think for me itā€™s just Iā€™ve spent too long there. And I wish them all the best. I hear itā€™s wonderful and going really well. But I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever watch that show, and I donā€™t think Iā€™ll watch ā€˜Game of Thronesā€™ again for a few years.ā€