The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

Watched Deadloch on my trip last week. I was entertained. The outrageous character was a bit much through ep3 but settled down.

By the way, 3 Body Problem has massive sound mixing issues. Dialogue is crazy quiet.

We normally have our tv volume mid-40s to low 50s. We’ve had to turn it up to mid-60s to low 70s for this show. And then of course, when it gets loud, it’s insanely loud.

Through episode 4 and still enjoying it despite that gripe.

1 Like

This seems to be pretty common lately, is there some systemic reason for this

1 Like

Dub problems? You should watch it subbed of course, it flows so much better when all the dialogue is in the original san-ti

1 Like

Dang I’ve only read the 1st book of 3 Body, I need to step up.

1 Like

Very brief look at White Lotus season 3, and somewhat longer look at TLOU season 2

3 Likes

White Lotus is set in Thailand? Could’ve sworn from the looks of it that it’s in Mexico or the Middle East.

Watched the first episode of The Sinner. What in the actual fuck. Jesus.

1 Like

That’s a great show!! Season two is good as well.

1 Like

I might not be able to continue.

Can you tell me something?

It seems to be leaning heavily into an incest plot

If so I may have to bail.

1 Like

I have to be honest and tell you I don’t recall

1 Like

No worries. I don’t want to Google it to spoil myself in case I am making a bad read. I just dont really do stories heavily relying on that plot type.

1 Like

IIRC its a generally pretty dark show. Each season is a totally new story only the main bloke stays as the throughline, so if you’re triggered (in a non sarcastic understandable way) by season 1s content you can try S2 without missing out on much.

2 Likes

I love dark, just not that one type. Sounds like my assumption after ep one is correct?

1 Like

I don’t recall well enough to say for 100% certain but I’m fairly sure it’s not that. Definitely weird sex and violence though.

2 Likes

My wife has been watching a k-drama about a woman who falls in love with a lifelike robot. She finally finished it, so I asked her if they have robot sex. She says the show doesn’t address that.

Wtf

I meant specifically they did not address the robot sex issue. What could be possibly more important than that question?

1 Like

Best first 5 minutes of a TV show. Beat the Tony monologue with the music and the paper and the robe and chest hair?

Going in for maybe a 6th rewatch bc it has been a been a couple years but damn that is a good one.