The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

Yeah, his voice is crazy. I couldn’t believe it when I saw he was the husband from Handmaid’s Tale.

Just finished. Thought it ended well. Really good ovetall.

1 Like

It’s weird the internet is full of Presumed Innocent ending explainers. What is there to explain?

Explaining how to get clicks.

1 Like

Sure but who is seeking this out because they didn’t understand the ending?

Finished Cobra Kai S6P1.

Good, but certainly less strong and more YA bullshit, but there were some highlights, particularly episode 5. Some good set ups heading into part 2.

Peyton List is probably the standout on the cast. She is a miles ahead performer over most of the cast, but Xolo and Jacob Bertrand have some strong moments as well.

1 Like

The Decameron on Netflix is bananas. It’s like if White Lotus was more bonkers and in the Middle Ages.

1 Like

not possible, imo

Eric on Netflix was really good. Some fantastic performances. Great music. The story got a little complicated but they brought it home in a way that made sense. I feel like a lot of people are really sleeping on it - one of the best shows I’ve seen this year.

One thing I didn’t love, and really I would not want to read this prior to seeing it:

For a show that is often dark and gritty, it was wrapped up in way too neat of a pretty little package. Not so much that it ruined anything, but I do think they took the easy way out.

3 episodes in and it’s very enjoyable. i really like how they put all these characters together. it’s a little weird to have non-italian actors playing italians but whatever. it’s anti-italian discrimination but it’s fine.

images (48)

4 Likes

update: the decameron gets 5 bags of popcorn. econophile is right it’s white lotus in a majestic tuscan villa during the bubonic plague

1 Like

2 Likes

My wife and I finished Season 2 of “Your Honor.”

She has never seen the “The Wire” (tried once or twice and couldn’t get into it), so she didn’t know who Isiah Whitlock, Jr. was. I showed her a “sheeeit” compilation to demonstrate that he has a famous catchphrase.

The next time we saw him in a scene where he got pissed off, as he was ranting, my wife went, “Sheeeeeit.”

2 Likes

“Despite his tragic ugliness, we thought we should give him a shot”

:smiley:

“You know, what we realized was we really hadn’t explored the father-son relationship much between Homelander and Soldier Boy,” Kripke tells Gamesradar+ at SDCC 2024. “There’s a lot of material there, how soldier boy feels about Homelander, how Homelander feels about his dad, and so we really wanted to dig into that relationship.”

Would really appreciate some off the wall multi-season tv series for this weekend. Wife is out of town and I’m needing something to occupy me while I try to stay away from the booze.

I’ve watched 98% of the obvious stuff. Of this list Ive watched the entire top 100 start to finish outside of

-the nature ones
-anime
-world at war doc type stuff
-29,30,35,36,39, 45, 47, 48, 53, 56, 57, 64-66, 71, 75-77, 79,80, 83,84, 93, 99

1 Like

Absolutely love Fleabag.

Only 12 episodes though, so you might need something else too.

3 Likes

71 is Twin Peaks, so do that

2 Likes

Good ones on your list of unseen

Fleabag
Ted Lasso
The West Wing
Faulty Towers
Twin Peaks
The Boys

1 Like

Yeah Twin Peaks