The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

Presumed Innocent turned out to be a pretty good courtroom drama. Strong performances by Gyllenhall and Saarsgard

I caught the last episode because yeah and a little surprised Negga signed up for this version of this story considering the end.

If you (dear reader) have not caught the 1990 Harrison Ford and his distracting haircut movie, its one of the best courtroom drama style movie of its time, Raul Julia’s best role imo. And a much stronger and more satisfying ending.

Also hasn’t that “Night Of” older balding actor dude done the exact same role like 4x in the past 5 years?

Definitely enjoyed it. Have not seen the 1990 movie.

I AM NOW GOING TO POST MASSIVE SPOILERS ABOUT THE ENDING SO DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THE SHOW. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

I assumed he was going to be found not guilty and of course they would have to reveal who really did it. I was concerned that it was going to be either a) he disassociated and somehow remembered after the trial, or b) a very unsatisfying reveal out of nowhere.

It was certainly a reveal out of nowhere, but I thought they did a good job with it. And I was almost right on the disassociation angle! At least Rusty had the same idea.

wish I hadn’t read that FWIW

agreed, they redeemed the crappy writing in the first half somewhat. Though still easily the worst season imo.

Love that they went super dark in the last episode. Curious to see the interaction with Gen V s2 after the last episode as well.

1 Like

This sequence culminates in the best episode ending in Seinfeld history.

2 Likes

Apparently I’m switching to the new Disney+/Hulu/Max bundle

The sea was angry that day, my friends.

2 Likes

I know that’s surely the more popular counterpoint. And that really is a great monologue by Jason Alexander. But I honestly think this ending takes it down.

https://x.com/DEADLINE/status/1816897299160920356

Yessssssss. More Aya Cash is always a good thing.

2 Likes

oh hellllllllllllllllllllllllll yeah

2 Likes
2 Likes

I’m surprised I haven’t heard more about “Eric” on Netflix. I’m enjoying it.

Did you finish delicious in Dungeon?

Surprise hit for me! The anime and RPG combo worked really well. Admittedly I’m squarely right in their target group (except age).

Yeah I really liked it but now I have to wait for another season

1 Like

Watched first two episodes of Presumed Innocent. It’s good but I hope it doesn’t end in a pile of shit like so many shows.

I’ve been meaning to play one of these games.

My gf has played the shit out of them. Not Yakuza games in general, but Like A Dragon and Like A Dragon Infinite Wealth. They are very silly and funny so If that’s the direction they go I’d be pleased.

On ep 4. This is really good except the guy playing the DA who is so bad it’s hard to tell if it’s bad acting choices or lack of skill.

It holds up pretty well throughout.

IMO for the DA it’s bad choices. He was pretty good in The Handmaid’s Tale.

1 Like