The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

Every one of these shows is always some version of HOLY SHIT COPS ARE FUCKING MORONS NEVER EVER EVER TALK TO THEM

i’m rewatching star trek deep space 9 and i got to s3e11 where sisko, bashir and dax are sent back in time by a horrific transporter accident. they’re being interrogated by two weary policemen after being found unconscious on the street. sisko goes, “what year is this?” and the wearier policeman goes, “same year it was yesterday, you idiot. 2024.”

i’m at home like

5 Likes

lol. Yeah I knew I was off on the name.

2 Likes

I rewatched Stargate and now have joined the fan base for Stargate SG1. The pilot is a great sequel to the movie, and I’m enjoying season 1 so far.

The Beauty Queen Killer: 9 Days of Terror was an interesting quick watch.

Watching an episode of star trek the original series. Kirk spock and mccoy beam down to a planet where they contract an extreme aging disease. Kirk starts slipping and they convene a competency hearing to relieve him of command. Kirk resists giving up command lol this is so prescient. One of the scientists estimates kirk’s age to be “between 60 and 72” lmao this show was definitely written by 30-year-olds.

6 Likes

As a 59 year old who thinks he looks pretty young for his age, I see people on TV all the time that look 70 and then say 53 year Jim Bob….

https://x.com/Variety/status/1813600978412958183

Got to go with Scavengers Reign on this but Blue Eye Samurai is right behind it. Animation has done good this year.

1 Like

I guess it depends on what the voters are looking for. I think SR wins on overall visuals, but BES wins on narrative. Not sure what the voters normally go for.

BES is just an all around great show that just happened to be animated.

SR was like a really good acid trip.

I have a very hard time comparing the two and deciding which one was better.

1 Like

It’s like when you find out Wilfred brimley was 28 in cacoon.

1 Like

Cocoon. What a weird movie. Somehow associated with Batteries Not Included in my head.

Similar eras. Similar wonder involving old people. Loved BNI.

I can’t wait to find out how hughie is sexually assaulted this week. also I heard this is the season finale they get Homelander. True story.

1 Like

They get a Homelander-kryptonite gun, but only hit him in the ear

3 Likes

The Boys seasons 1-3 are available with ads on Freevee. Happy day for me to be able to watch them without a Prime membership (my trial expires soon).

2 Likes

Aw damn The Boys is always rewatchable.

1 Like

Especially season one. The twists in the pilot are non stop.

Watched the season four finale of The Boys. This season had way too much rape and butt stuff. Overall good but not as good as the first two seasons. I am curious where they’re headed in order to end the show with season five.

1 Like

Welp.

https://x.com/Variety/status/1814024112387322003

94, a nice run. But this is unfortunate all the same. Newhart’s brand of humor felt very unique to him. He deserves all the plaudits he’ll get today.

6 Likes