The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

Oh you poor bastard

Imagine how badly it would have gone if they did t have a ceo worth $50million.

1 Like

Well heā€™s worth at least a billion. 50 million was for tanking the stock in the past year.

And LOL BOARDS. ā€œWe align pay with performance.ā€ No you donā€™t itā€™s all one big club.

2 Likes

I donā€™t really get these guys. Iā€™m worth a tiny fraction of Zaslav, but Iā€™m not really motivated to work super hard for more money any more. But this guy is straight out tanking a company to earn money that is really meaningless to him.

1 Like

Apologies in advance, because I feel like Iā€™m about to commit heresy.

I watched I Think You Should Leave, and I was not feeling this much at all.

There were more sketches that I thought were unfunny the entire time than those I thought were actually good. But the most frustrating ones were those that started out promising, devolved into absurdity for absurdityā€™s sake and ended abruptly. Unfortunately, that probably describes over half of them.

(Yes, I did like the 55 burgers skit. But that was one of the very few that started strong, was funny the entire time and stuck the landing.)

It feels like it should be right in my wheelhouse. I like sketch comedy, and itā€™s loved by TV critics, people here, and people I know IRL. Itā€™s the only reason I kept watching.

So Iā€™m as shocked as anyone. And disappointed; I was expecting something great that I could rewatch again and again. But here I am seemingly on an island by myself. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve felt this out of step with the TV zeitgeist ever.

2 Likes

Not heresy at all imo.

Like a lot of sketch comedies itā€™s hit or miss. The main difference is when it hits I lose my shit and laugh more than ive ever laughed at anything.

1 Like

Didnā€™t care for it much at all. Not my taste though

There are some really funny sketches but Iā€™m also not a massive fan of it.

When you watch I Think You Should Leave you need to notice to the jokes they donā€™t tell.

1 Like

Maybe my brain is broken but I didnā€™t care for Shogun. It had its moments but was slowly paced and the story just didnā€™t do it for me. Visually I loved it. The finale fell a little flat. Like I said before, I will probably give it a dubbed rewatch. I feel like subtitled shows just arenā€™t my thing. I started enjoying anime a lot more when I switched to dubs.

I tried to get into Ripley. Stunning visuals but it just didnā€™t do it for me.

1 Like

Shogun was great. Though WTF was with the old man (no spoiler) scenes? A weird, weird choice to do that unless I completely missed something that explains why that was needed to be shown at all, I mean I caught the lines about him not leaving but who really cares?

1 Like

Anyone here watching The Sympathizer? Randomly watched episode 1 tonight. Iā€™m intrigued.

Not sure about those scenes but I loved it too. Elite show imo

Shogun

Listen to the official podcast. The old man represents Johnā€™s vision of himself that he lets go of as he fully accepts being Anjin. He symbolically lets go in the funeral scene on the boat

Still in after 2 episodes. Show could go anywhere

https://twitter.com/clonehumor/status/1782950277055734260

1 Like

Not sure how I feel about last ep of Shogun. Kind of feel like it wrapped everything up with a bunch of exposition dumps.