The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

House of dragon episode 3

so. The pay off was kind of worth it. With the conversation between Alicent and rhaenyra, but seriously, what the actual fuck? The best use of the monarchs time is spending three months on a return boat trip alone to risk death to have a conversation? We live in a world where we cant accept stories where all characters arenā€™t constantly available to interact at all times

The Bear Season 3 episode 2.

this is one of my favourite episodes so far. The sheer fucking excellence of the scene around the kitchen bench. Perfect maintenance of tension with the occasional perfectly delivered comic interjection. Fuck me.

this is also an almost flawless demonstration of what itā€™s like being hypomanic. My wife literally turned to me and was waiting for me to make the observation. Not that Carmy is supposed to be, but the ā€œIā€™m stressed to fuck, super elevated, and Iā€™m completely driven to act and do somethingā€ is pretty much what being hypomanic is about

2 Likes

The acolyte E5(?)

Literally nothing happened

Bear S3 ep 5.

That was just a beautiful thing.

For those who donā€™t know, Tinaā€™s husband in the show is her actual husband in real life. (Angel from Dexter) Made the scenes between them so good.

3 Likes

He alao played Sal Maroni in Gotham.

2 Likes

ā€œTarantula!ā€

1 Like

ā€œIt enlarges the heartā€¦ just a tiny little bit.ā€

1 Like

Its possible that Olivia Colman is the best actress of this generation. Every scene with her is captivating

4 Likes

I mean sheā€™s wonderful, but what generation is she even a part of? I donā€™t know who Iā€™m comparing her to.

1 Like

Shes 50, but her active years started in the early 2000s. So, she would be in the generation after the bigger actresses of the 80s and 90s, like Meg Ryan, JLC, Goldie Hahn and such

1 Like

I still canā€™t totally get my bearings down on who Iā€™m comparing her to. But Viola Davis comes to mind as one who probably qualifies and who absolutely cooks every time sheā€™s on a screen also.

1 Like

Angelina Jolie? Elizabeth Banks? Those are the first two that came to mind that are about 50.

I think that she can go toe to toe with Olivia.

3 Likes

Yeah, sheā€™s the alpha of that cohort.

Forgot about her.

1 Like

Kate Winslet is 48 with seven Oscar nominations and one win. Cate Blanchett is 55 with 8 Oscar nominations and two wins.

2 Likes

Yeah, Cate Blanchett broke out at the end of the 90s, feels like she would count. Iā€™d take her over Colman. Honestly feel like sheā€™s still underappreciated despite her getting a lot of recognition.

2 Likes

Donā€™t think I could name a single Blanchett movie, i know who she is obvously but Iā€™m drawing a blank.

See? Underappreciated!

1 Like

1 Like

But, yeah, you probably know her as Galadriel and Hela.

1 Like