The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

I’m assuming you’re talking about when Blood and Cheese make Helaena choose which kid.

I haven’t read the books, but it doesn’t make sense to me why those two would do it. That’s the kind of thing you do when you really hate someone. Blood and Cheese are just goons for hire. Why would they care about inflicting extra pain? It’s not like they are getting paid more for it. I was told Blood has a line where he says he hates the HIghtowers, so maybe that’s enough.

also to add to the dumb shit:

Why the fuck did they need to kill all the ratcatcher? Once they’ve got Blood, they could just use him to ID the guy. Just perp walk them all past him and he would have picked him. Even if he just said that the guy went by Cheese, surely they could ask around and figure it out.

If the whole point of the interrogation is to make sure they don’t have any unknown enemies, you are going to want to torture/interrogate the ratcatcher too. Also surely, Aegon is going to want to beat the shit out of him personally too. It would have been trivially easy.

Re: Blood and Cheese

They were acting under orders. In the books, Blood was kicked out of the City Watch for beating a woman to death and Cheese threatens that Helaena’s daughter will be raped if she doesn’t choose a son.
These are cruel men hired to do a cruel task by a cruel man who gave them cruel instructions.

Threatening to rape the daughter advances their goal. The whole “choose which kid” doesn’t.

Aegon kills Blood before they can have him identify Cheese. I believe Otto told Larys to take care of the interrogation himself and Larys instead brought in the king to curry favor. In the book, Cheese escapes and Aegon has all the rat catchers hung in a fit of rage.

It’s cruelty for the sake of cruelty. These are not nice people.

Book makes a lot more sense if that’s how it went down.

Happy Bear S3 day, everyone

3 Likes

For my own sanity, I have to go in assuming that it can’t be as good as S2.

3 Likes

I hope that’s not a Dungeon Meshi episode, I don’t want to know what those characters make cheese out of.

Really enjoyed Dark Matter start to finish.

1 Like

Yeah this. No way they can reach those heights again, right?

I remember posting here that I liked S2 more than S1 after binging it and people were like woah…

Anyway, I’d love to get a forks or fishes this season that just blows me away

3 Likes

Very small chance they top forks mushroom scene. That is utter perfection.

I’m halfway through episode 1 of the new season of The Bear…fuck me how do they do it? It’s so good I love it

3 Likes

Absolutely amazing episode. Hardly any dialogue and I was enthralled.

2 Likes

2 episodes in. Episode 2 had a completely different tone than ep 1 but was also excellent.
Someone tell me I’m wrong in thinking we’re on track to reach the same heights as season 2.

1 Like

Fuck me sideways.

Absolutely incredible.

2 Likes

Yeah, watched the final episode last night. Last couple of episodes got into extreme mind-bending territory.

The Bear

I’ve got 3 episodes left but holy christ what a season so far. They had a god damn Tina origin episode in season 3 and Ayo Edebiri directed it! Every episode just seems perfectly crafted. I don’t know that I’ve had a Forks moment yet but they are absolutely cooking with gas so far.

1 Like