The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

Wait until you hear about Archie Bunker.

The Boys so far.

You can’t have lathered the MAGA stuff more if you tried.

There are only so many ways you can say that Homelander is a psychopath by killing people.

These CW interpersonal drama stuff is a huge detour from any kind of story.

Apparently, this is exactly how much the MAGA stuff needs to be lathered for it to break through to MAGA about what the show is about and get them sufficiently riled up to start review-bombing the show.

I know 5 is supposed to be the last but I can think of a better continuation than a Frenchie and MM spinoff. They are like the perfect superhero fighting odd couple.

1 Like

I got a pencil shaving in my eye when I was around 7. Scratched the shit out of cornea. No longer term damage but hurt and itched like mf for a week plus.

So I have an eye phobia. Can barely watch someone put in their contacts.

After watching E4 tonight I may not sleep for two days and I covered my own eyes as soon as that scene started. OMFG.

2 Likes

Lol, yeah that scene was intense.

I do love that she can only get horny for Deep when shes dumb as a box of rocks.

3 Likes

What did I miss at the end?

who gave his dad the compound V?

1 Like

Is anyone else suspicious that Sage has her own purpose and is manipulating Homelander to do things that will have different long-term consequences from what she is telling him will happen?

Unknown as of yet.

1 Like

I don’t think we know, but Hughie sure acted surprised

1 Like

I think she very clearly has an endgame we aren’t seeing yet.

2 Likes

She seems pretty intent on stirring up conflict. I’m not sure that results in the victory that Homelander is expecting. It’s possible she has good intentions or selfish ones.

1 Like

They clearly imply it was the mom, but that may have been a red herring.

It did occur to me that there are only a few people who know what he wanted to do and that A Train might be interested in seeing what happens as a test case to see if it can heal his brother. Plus, he can get in and out without being noticed.

That was one of my guesses. Huey’s Mom is the other

I am here for Simon Pegg on V though. A human Chekov’s gun.

2 Likes

I also wonder if the stroke was naturally occurring…

Re: The Boys

Simplest explanation is that his mom gave his dad the V. I don’t think it was A-Train - would be a poorly-written twist. Also, when A-Train darts around, it affects the environment (sudden breeze, etc.). There was none of that IIRC.

Upon a quick rewatch of the ending, I did not realize he took off his coat.

2 Likes

First season and the mini season with Gannicus are GOAT tier. The rest is still good, but drops off quite a bit. The replacement Spartacus was good, but it’s nearly impossible to replace Andy Whitfield’s version.

1 Like

Is there a separate thread for House of the Dragon or was there just 0 discussion for ep. 1?