The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Murdaugh

I donā€™t understand why he was making all those payments to the drug dealer before murdering his wife/son. I donā€™t understand why he murdered his wife/son unless it was a crime of passion. If he had stolen millions, why was he not paying bills? If he decided to murder his wife/son, why did he still want the other son to get a life insurance payout?

It is finally hereā€¦

3 Likes

Wow!!! Cool to see you call it as it was happening.

1 Like

Hulu isnā€™t releasing all of the Wrexham episodes at once :stabby:

2 Likes

Hope this means they have regrets about their binge-drop of The Bear S2.

1 Like
How do you prefer a new season of one of your favorite shows to be released?
  • The entire season on one day
  • One or two episodes every week

0 voters

Finished binging through Wrestlers and thoroughly enjoyed it. A few notes while avoiding spoilers

1. Been to two OVW matches, the first was Acura @ Pontiac, but it wasnā€™t the time they were filming here.
  2. The second was outside of KSBar.

Speaking of KSBar they had an amazing gig where Ryan Lemond had 5 putts from 5 feet. Each putt he made was $200, each putt he missed was two days in KSJailā€¦he missed all 5. I did visit him during that stay. Also $1000 ended up being donated to charity anyway

1. Matt Jones said towards the end of the date, UK assistant coach Vince Marrow sat down and started finishing off his meal. I get why this was cut since it didnā€™t really add anything, but if there is a blooper realā€¦

2. Craig Greenberg the other coowner of OVW does have a hell of a story. You see him in early episodes wearing Greenberg for Mayor. Well not only he won Louisville mayor, he also survived an attempted assassination attempt. But needless to say, wikipedia it, but it is easy to see why Wrestlers didnā€™t touch it.

3. an outtake https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWNrZ9lJG7U

4. Spoilering this since this does come in to effect for the last episode. But they show 1 minute of this 19 minute KSR interview segment. This 19 minute segment is just pure gold

1 Like

the answer to all of those questions is opiods.

1 Like

Sharp Objects is a 10/10

1 Like

One the best ā€œsurprise endingā€ reveals that isnā€™t just trite and boring, IMO.

the ending was perfect, was hidden enough to shock the people like me who suck at watching tv but it actually made perfect sense with the rest of the show and someone who is better at picking up on clues could have definitely sniffed it out. i rarely rewatch shows but iā€™m going to just to see all the things i missed the first time.

This Time with Alan Partridge season 2 is the perfect television program. everything about it is exactly what i need

1 Like

Skipped like 800 posts, so may have missed.

This thread convinced me to go back and try and watch six fee under all the way through. I canā€™t remember where I got to, maybe 3 seasons.

Coming at it much older, Iā€™m getting a lot more out of it.

Season 1. Episode 6. The room. Itā€™s a masterpiece.

this is the one where Nikolai appears and hits on Ruth. But thatā€™s just one part of it. Itā€™s like this incredibly layered commentary on sex and passion, love and aging. Ruth reminiscing about making love like demons while talking to her grown son whilst cleaning spoonsā€¦ fucking genius.

Super pumped for the whole show now.

Watching it with Mrs Rugby as well, whoā€™s never seen it, which is increasing the enjoyment.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome. For me, rewatching the show is great even when itā€™s less than perfect because I know itā€™s all priming me for the omg payoff of the series finale and that Sia song.

1 Like

I have not seen the finale and havenā€™t been spoilered. Hearing how awesome it is was part of the motivation for trying again.

1 Like

Gogogogogo

New season of The Morning Show!!!

An absolute juggernaut. Everything I wanted The Newsroom to be. Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston, Steve Carrell, Famke Jansen, Mark Duplass, the guy with amazing eye shadow from Lost (Richard)ā€¦

The Newsroom was more like ā€œan inside look at what happens when a newsroom gets it right.ā€

The Morning Show is more like ā€œan inside look at what happens while a newsroom gets it wrong.ā€

S1 was MeToo.

S2 was the pandemic.

Not sure what arc s3 will follow but theyā€™ve already jumped into Biden, the Jan 6 insurrection, post pandemic lifestyleā€¦

Watched first eight episodes of season one last few days and itā€™s way better than I was expecting. Does a masterful job of the nuance of the Metoo era. It also changes your opinion of the characters almost episode to episode. Really great stuff.

Wheels of time ep5, six bags, strongest season of fantasy TV Iā€™ve ever seen, yup going there.

1 Like

Went on to Netflix last week to watch some of The Office. Got distracted when the first trailer they pushed at me was for some pirate treasure hunt type show called One Piece. Iā€™m a sucker for treasure hunt stuff so I started watching, and realized towards the end of ep1 that it was some live action manga/anime thing. Iā€™ve never watched or read anything remotely close to that genre, not a huge sci-fi fan, and not big into fight scenes and gore. So I feel like I shouldnā€™t have liked this, but I watched the entire 8 episode season and I really enjoyed it :man_shrugging:

I have no connection to the source material, but I felt like the casting was really good. And I could imagine it must be cool for fans of the original to see some of those locations brought to life.

1 Like