The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

Nice, I was going to give that a shot after my current trash selection: The Circle.

I watched the first episode of Love is Blind and it is indeed so crazy dumb that itā€™s enjoyable.

2 Likes

The show ā€œLove is Blindā€ on Netflix features a scene where a girl lowers her wine glass so her dog can take a few slurps and then she continues drinking out of that glass. My mind is mush. The world has ended and weā€™re in a simulation.

2 Likes

The samples they showed had them posted in regular posts, not just the OP, but maybe that was the way they had the sandbox set up?

I think the problem is going to be how to let people know about it? I guess in-line should be fine as this thread doesnā€™t get so much traffic that it takes a lot of time to stay current. What I liked about the one I linked to was that it looked like the event was itā€™s own sub thread that people could respond to without impacting the main thread with a bunch of ā€œinā€ or ā€œIā€™ll be thereā€ posts.

To be honest, that timestamp widget is probably good enough for a test run or two.

Letā€™s see how Neflix Party works, Iā€™ve set one up for the Spenser movie, URL is: https://www.netflix.com/watch/81005492?npSessionId=3c79c515a7e931b4&npServerId=s4

You need to be in chrome and have the Netflix Party extension installed, which you can get at:

1 Like

It was easy to set up, just install the plug in, go to Netflix, start watching something, click on the plug in and ā€œstart the party.ā€ That generates a link that lets other join the same chat room while watching the same thing.

Spenser was better than I expected, probably because it was so different than the book series I read growing up. Not the worst Walhberg movie out there and one of the best awkward sex scenes I seen in a while. I hope it was on purposeā€¦

More awkward than Night Owl and Silk Spectre in the Watchmen movie?

1 Like

Do you get to chose a screen name or is this going to dox everyone?

No one showed up so unknown, I created a user specifically for it but donā€™t know what it showsā€¦

I didnā€™t show up because that movie looks like a turd bro.

Iā€™d be down to watch whatever if we treat it like a movie club and a different person chooses the movie each week.

No worries, I just wanted to see if it would work. Feel free to start up something more in tune with your tastesā€¦ :)

1 Like

Finally finished McMillions. Solid doc from HBO as always.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1239673462756524034

Tormund is going to be in the new Witcher season? I am excite

1 Like

Yo if this shit gets Stringer Bell AND fucking Tormund but Trumpā€™s fat ass escapes then we are truly living in the worst timeline

3 Likes

Also, Westworld S3E1 is up. Didnā€™t realize it was already time. Watching now.

Was anyone out there able to understand what happened in S2?

Nope and Iā€™m not excited for this season at all, might just wait and binge it

Rewatched s2 finale yesterday. It was trash and the season sucked.

Watched s3e1 today. Was fantastic IMO. If Paul doesnā€™t say ā€œbitchā€ some time this season Iā€™ll eat my hat.

1 Like

Realized watching this that Iā€™ll probably have to remind myself by rewatching but the big takeaway is theyā€™re in the real world now. Iā€™m looking forward to S3.