The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

maybe the first two or three episodes, but after that bleeeeerrrrgggggg

Just finished Westworld S3 first ep. Iā€™mā€¦ maybe, cautiously, optimistic? I dunno. First, the production is absolutely astounding. The show looks incredible and there are some visual tricks theyā€™ve used to tell the story that I found really great.

But the underlying plot feels like overly ambitious, low-budget sci-fi. I think my biggest objection is that the show just takes itself way too seriously. Itā€™s robots gone mad. This should be popcorn fare, not some ponderous, self-important slog.

Lone voice I guess but I thought WW s1 interesting but super flawed, s2 GOAT and fixed everything wrong with s1

You might actually literally be the lone voice

2 Likes

If you find a niche, fill it?

• Rounders
  • National Treasure
  • Inception
  • The Dark Knight
  • Miss Americana
  • Inglorious Basterds
  • Snowpiercer
  • Knock Down the House (AOC!)
  • To All the Boys Iā€™ve Loved Before
  • Ex Machina

0 voters

Letā€™s figure out our first group movie to watch. Please select from these options. All available on Netflix (US). Highest vote total is our first selection.

I of course reserve the right to veto the wrong decision and will accept a DNC badge as compensation.

I realize many will be disappointed I did not include Y Tu MamƔ TambiƩn, but to that I say you can watch that on your own time.

3 Likes

So do we want to use Netflix Party for watchalong AND chat?

I am thinking the Party link should be so you know you are watching at the same sync.

But we ought to chat and comment on Unstuck so as to build more new-user-friendly content.

So is this a letā€™s watch anytime because weā€™re all working from homeā€¦ Or letā€™s plan for weekend watches? Input appreciated :+1:

This weekā€™s BCS is setting up the pieces for what I think will be the best episode of the season by far

Looks like we will definitely be watching Rounders :+1:

Is a weekday or weekend night better for you?

• Weekday night
  • Weekend night

0 voters

I have to pass. Night for all of you is middle of the night for me.

Well we can watch earlier than nighttime. Just trying to be considerate to USAnians, but I assume since everyone is already home we can watch Rounders instead of complaining during the next Trump presser.

Iā€™m 5 hours ahead of EST. Iā€™ll also have to download Rounders unless itā€™s being played from a single source that weā€™re all watching.

Weekday nights are best for me. Iā€™m normally grading and assigning work on weekends.

1 Like

One thing we havenā€™t checked is if it works across regionsā€¦

In other news, Altered Carbon S2 is pretty good, although a bit weird, new sleeves for the main character but the same dystopian future. Iā€™m liking it.

Obv Rounders is great for first Party viewing but we gotta watch this next. Just released today. Looks legit.

https://collider.com/the-platform-review-netflix/

The facility is a prison of sorts thatā€™s structured vertically. Two inmates call each floor home for exactly 30 days. At the end of that period of time, gas fills the structure, knocks them all out and when they wake up, theyā€™re on a new floor. Why does the floor theyā€™re on matter? Because theyā€™re only fed once a day for a matter of minutes via the platform.

It begins on floor 0 where itā€™s loaded up with a dream-like assortment of drinks, salad, chicken, cakes and more and then, the platform descends floor by floor. Floor 1 gets the food of their choice, then their leftovers move to floor 2, floor 3, and so on. While that might not sound all that bad for the folks higher up, imagine calling floor 100 home ā€“ or even floor 48 for that matter. When the floors above you are stuffing their faces and even stepping on the table to get what they want, thereā€™s a good chance youā€™ll be left with their unappetizing remnants ā€“ if youā€™re left with any food at all.

I donā€™t see Rounders on Netflix.

If we did, we could use Netflix Party for synchronized viewing.

I apologize, it is indeed Netflix (US) but maybe not available in other regions.

@anon46587892 maybe itā€™s time for us to decide on a day and pop up the Party banner announcement? I got a feeling weā€™re all a little frazzled and I should just schedule viewings for anyone to join. If itā€™s just me watching and commenting from time to time, so be it.

1 Like

I see it. Just had to use a VPN.

Not sure how good my connection will be though.

1 Like

Set the banner for tonight at 8:30 EST plz

Thatā€™s in a little less than three hours for anyone who doesnā€™t own a watch

JOIN THE PARTY

1 Like

When I click join the party itā€™s just a link to Netflix? Are we all just posting in here while we watch? Is it 5:30 PST?

Hereā€™s the kicker - never seen Rounders in my life.