The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

I finished up Doctor Who series 13. I’m not down on the radical changes to canon that some fans are unhappy about. I think the season could have used more than six episodes and they were clearly working around constraints due to COVID. I’m looking forward to the three specials next year, culminating in Jodie Whitaker’s exit in a feature-length special for the BBC’s 100th anniversary. Hopefully, we get to see more of the Fugitive Doctor.

Yeah I’ve liked the first few episodes. Will depend on if the payoff is good. I’m not sure what the big “reveal” is supposed to be. The structure gives away how lives and who dies because half the people aren’t in the present timeline.

they had one good scene, which was an side bit eith Tobey from the office. everything else sucked at the time, and aged horribly

Pretty pumped for the Succession finale.

2 Likes

Succession finale poll: Ken dead by end of episode?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I’ll bump it down the list. Thanks.

Was looking at the credits, and noticed that Susan Orlean (author of The Orchid Thief) is now on the writing staff of How To.

2 Likes

Succession Finale was phenomenal tv!

Way to fucking go Tom!

2 Likes

Et Tu, Tom?

2 Likes

Fucking incredible!!!

2 Likes

1 Like

I have never been that facemelted by TV. A+ foreshadowing too.

I love that every theory I had was completely wrong. Fantastic writing.

That was so sick.

Weren’t the other seasons of Succession 10 episodes?

What am I gonna do with a soul anyways?

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see Greg’s Greg

What was the mom’s motivation for agreeing to the deal? Mainly her new husband wanted to work w/ Logan?

1 Like

Stuff like this is a fair question since they did spend a whole episode about having to kiss Adrian Brody’s ass because he owns 4% of the shares and that was enough in a close board vote. If they’re going to do that, I’m not then completely satisfied that they are maybe going to hand wave a board vote to sell the entire company to GoJo. That would still presumably require a majority vote, even though Logan got Caroline to waive the supermajority requirement.

That said, the finale was great and every actor absolutely killed it.

Agree that the finale was very entertaining - so much so that there’s been no mention so far of Connor’s mid-intervention tantrum, which they all basically just ignore lol. Also agree that I’m not sure everything fits, but I don’t really care. When Logan made the bogus offer to buy Kendall out, wasn’t Kendall going to get like $2 billion? Wouldn’t the GoJo acquisition result in Shiv, Roman, and Kendall all becoming liquid billionaires? I mean I get that they want power in addition to money, but it’s not like they were going to be out on the street.

Also when they were like “oh cool we can stop him because Mom controls the holding company” or whatever, nobody thinks to double check they have her in the bag.

During the scene when Kendall tells Shiv and Roman about the accident with the waiter all I could think was “lol Jeremy Strong wouldn’t rehearse this” and how I believe the awkwardness between Culkin and Strong is geniune.

1 Like