The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

A really good way to find enjoyable shows is to look for ones with like an 8/10 from critics but 3/10 overall. These are inevitably good shows where, like, one of the main characters is a black woman with her own thoughts and the incel nerds are OUTRAGED at having all this WOKE culture FORCED on them.

alpha

Finally watched the Sleepytime episode this morning, which sort of wrecked me emotionally. Bluey is terrific.

Greatest compliment my kid ever gave me - Bluey’s dad did something funny and she said it was like something I’d do.

2 Likes

Do you have any good examples of this? I guess HBO’s Watchmen mini-series would qualify (RT scores: 96% critics, 56% users)

2 Likes

Also, maybe I didn’t get that far, but I don’t see how Santa Inc. could “make the right mad”.

It wasn’t really offensive to anybody except to those who enjoy good comedy.

i’ve seen every episode 2-3x now and still just teared up at the end of baby race

2 Likes

Tiger King: The Doc Antle Story

Definitely can trigger some PTSD. Guy has committed every crime there’s a law for.

I enjoyed Looper on Netflix. It came out a while ago but I just saw it. Love time travel stuff and Sci fi world building so this was right up my alley. The only thing I didn’t like was Joseph Gordon Levitt’s horribly distracting male makeup for like 2/3 of the film. I had to Google what went wrong with his eyebrows and it turns out they were trying to make him look more like Bruce Willis (the character’s older self that he meets because of time travel). But man, I didn’t see it. He just looked like a guy wearing makeup with tweezed eyebrows. Just a mess

4 bags of popcorn

3 Likes

1 Like

Respect

How To is back on HBO
Great episode on wine

2 Likes

Watching my film review show and was shocked to see Patti Levin starring in Clifford the Big Red Dog.

Not sure if there’s an audience here for that, but if you enjoy hate-watching some Sorkin (while not enough to actually have watched his shows), the old clip below from “the newsroom” is incredible, the stupidest thing I’ve seen in a long time.
https://twitter.com/somebadideas/status/1469526566942162955

4 Likes

This is a real clip of a real show that actually aired? What the fuck.

Do you not thank pilots for their service when you see them? Are you some kind of traitor?

1 Like

If you read this as a nerd sarcastically thanking a troop for his service and disdainfully telling the troop “we killed Osama bin Laden for you,” then it’s pretty great.

1 Like

i dislike sorkin so much i won’t even hate watch his stuff

The first scene was so perfect, dude goes on a pretty solid “USA sucks” rant then just inexplicably concludes with “it’s the kids fault, actually.” Perfect

3 Likes

Anyone watching Yellowjackets? I’ve watched three and it’s pretty good.

1 Like

I’ve definitely been enjoying it so far. Ricci, Lewis and Lynskey are killing it. Although I’m going to be annoyed if it goes the entire season without revealing what’s really going on.

1 Like

Invasion on appleTV+. Very disjointed alien invasion show from multiple perspectives around the world. It doesn’t really work. I tend to watch anything sci-fi but this wasn’t a good series IMO.