The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

Love on the Spectrum is fantastic. Finishing up S1 now and really looking forward to S2.

Finishing up season 2, itā€™s an easy watch and pretty enjoyable.

Does anyone get the impression that Michaelā€™s mom is always laughing at him? She seems a bit cruel to me, but maybe Iā€™m wrong. In any case, it must be hella tough for these parents and theyā€™ve got my respect.

Watched and liked season 1, about midway through season 2. This and the other Netflix show that shows one person going on multiple dates are the only two ā€œdatingā€ shows that arenā€™t leering reality show trash.

This show surprised me. I had no idea Gillian Anderson was British this whole time

1 Like

I thought they had a very good relationship. She seems amused by him but very supportive as well. I do like how the show shows their support network, usually their family, and the joy they have at seeing them suceed.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not the impression I got at all. She seemed really supportive to me and very proud of Michael.

1 Like

I agree that she seems like a great mom and very supportive, just that it seemed like at times she would laugh with/at Michael when maybe it wasnā€™t really appropriate.

1 Like

Just finished Alice also. Itā€™s super close, but I think Squid Game wins slightly for me. But maybe my judgment is clouded b/c I watched Squid first, so the concept was fresher.

OK, Iā€™m only one episode in, but the Star Wars anime on Disney+ kicks all kinds of ads so far.

If you could only have one streaming service, which one would it be?

• Amazon Prime Video
  • Apple TV+
  • Disney+
  • HBO Max
  • Hulu
  • Netflix
  • Other

0 voters

HBO has the clear best lineup. Im surprised at how solid Apple TVā€™s offerings are, and at only 4.99/mo is probably the best deal on the list.

1 Like

I voted Netflix because in addition to some shows I watch regularly, Netflix always has some mildly interesting rando documentary or something that I can just put on in the background while I work or whatever. Their bench is deep. I would have probably voted for Amazon #2 for the same reason.

amazon kinda sucks because they push a lot of content thatā€™s actually not free for prime, costs to rent, etc.

Why canā€™t any reliably tell you that youā€™ve watched a show/movie? I need a database or something. Iā€™ve started at least a dozen movies over the last few years only to realize Iā€™ve seen them already partway in.

1 Like

Weā€™ve got a thread for that.

5 Likes

YouTubeTV is great for sports, but very expensive.

Watched them both as well and funnily netflix already suggested another korean tv show(Sweet home). Is it odd that a lot of this korean/japanese stuff has a really good imdb score?
When I watch in english the english subtitles often are different from the stuff they are actually saying.

Not really, Japan and Korea have made some great shows.

1 Like

Voted HBO Max, but Netflix is really, really close. Hulu clear 3rd.

1 Like