The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

Maybe my thinking is wrong, but it actually makes sense to me that they would have remarkable IMDB scores. I’m assuming that a lot of the crappy stuff from Korea/Japan/etc. simply never sees the light of day in other countries, so what we see is basically a “best of”.

1 Like

Haven’t used Apple much, but it seems low key pretty solid, and they just released that Azimov series, which looks good. They have a very shallow library though, right?

If you prefer foreign language content, is there anything even remotely close to Netflix? I guess Prime has a bit of stuff for Mexican Spanish, but otherwise not much.

Meant to say Netflix but misclicked Disney. HBO Max isn’t available to Canadians though. We have Crave which also includes showtime, but its like $18 US a month.

My ‘continue watching’ list is constantly full of shows I finished and stopped watching at the credits also.

Netflix has a ton of Spanish-language shows, I’ve been on a run of watching a couple of meh telenovellas.

If you didn’t know, you can click “show vote” and change your choice.

(I believe this works on any poll that isn’t closed.)

With young girls, Disney+ is a no brainer for us, but if that weren’t the case it’s probably HBO Max.

Yeah seems like they have gone the opposite direction of Netflix in terms of quantity v quality.

Other : Pirate Bay

6 Likes

I got YouTubeTV after my Hulu Live stopped playing nicely with my old Chromecast stick.

Their live sports selection is good, yet I don’t think they’re any more expensive than any other cable channel replacement package.

One benefit of Amazon, not as a subscription but as a repository, is it does seem to have almost everything. Films I can’t find anywhere else easily I can find for rent there and I don’t mind paying 2,3,4 dollars if I’m not going to find it anywhere else without a hassle.

Old school Netflix with DVDs was the best ever though. Never to exist in such greatness again unfortunately.

3 Likes

Below Deck Mediterranean marathon baked

3 Likes

It’s a decent price for a cable replacement package. Still a bit too much for me if I’ve already got Netflix and Criterion Channel. Sometimes I’ll pick up YouTubeTV for a few months just for football.

Not quite as great as it was, but I still have a one disk at a time subscription that I use a few times a month for things that I can’t find anywhere else.

I’ve been using it for football season as well, it’s too expensive otherwise

Do like 90% of my TV watching on Netflix. Amazon used to be better before they lost their HBO lineup to HBO Max.

Netflix Japan is great in that there is naturally a massive lineup of Japanese/Korean stuff while I’m still able to get pretty much the entire Netflix US lineup and even some stuff that isn’t available in the US, like Friends for example.

Netflix has a ton of foreign stuff I have on my list to watch but I do most of my watching while working so I can’t read the subtitles and barely get to watch them lol.

2 Likes

Haven’t voted in my poll yet. Wanted to watch Argento’s Deep Red tonight, and was only able to find it for free on Vudu (with ads).

hulu/disney+/espn+ is a pretty good package.