The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

The other nominee was A Black Lady Sketch Show.

I had it on for about 10 minutes. Saw it was 2 episodes thinking it was 2 hours and noped right out because I didnā€™t want to watch 2 hours of it. L-o-L at needing 4 hours to cover all of that.

Iā€™m a Mets fan, and Iā€™ve just watched the first two episodes. I agree that it seems bloated, and I donā€™t know why Jimmy Kimmel and Cousin Sal gave that brain damaged scumbag any air time.

I loved it, but not really because I was laughing the whole time (I wasnā€™t). More for how he accurately captured the moment of the pandemic and being inside nonstop, etc. Openness about depression was definitely part of that. I also tend to like dark humor and cynicism, which there was plenty of.

1 Like

The Burnham special was very good but a bit overrated.

That said, it still should have beaten a 5 year old recording of a play.

1 Like

If you liked that Squid Game you might like Alice in Borderland, which apparently no one here but me liked.

Incorrect. I liked it very much

1 Like

Yah, I hadnā€™t seen it yet and am now gonna check it out.

1 Like

+1

I think I wasnā€™t in the mood for something dark and from Fossilkidā€™s description I thought it was a game show, haha.

1 Like

+1 for Squid Game. Wow. UP folks will get it, my normie friends? Not so much.

1 Like

Itā€™s already up to #2 most watched program in Mexico and itā€™s only been out 4 days. I think it will be a big hit among most audiences.

1 Like

The Netflix 9/11 series is pretty good. Its so easy to forget how evil those people in the Bush Administration were. I had forgotten Biden tried to get us out in 2011 and Obama overruled him.

1 Like

Squid Game

5 bags of popcorn

3 Likes

My wife surprisingly said she wants to watch with me so I had to stop 10 minutes in. Already hooked though. Looks fantastic

Yeah squid games was dank

1 Like

I know this comes up a lot with the foreign language shows, but subs not dubs is the generally accepted principal for Squid Game?

I once tried Dubs with Subs and nearly blew up my own brain.

Is ā€œdankā€ good or bad? Iā€™m old.

Lol good.

Dubs are super good these days butatbr Iā€™m different because I hardly notice them at all

I have subs on even during English shows but I still prefer dubs

I usually do subs cause Iā€™m late learning new things. Like when the world decided actually just one space between sentences is fine. But as Iā€™m now a one spacer I decided to give dubs a try for squid games. Canā€™t say it was that great. I think maybe some of the dialogue didnā€™t have good English translations, compounded with a lot of generally bad acting just made a lot of scenes unenjoyable. Iā€™m also not as high on the show as some. 3/5 stars, worth a watch cause it had its moments but I wonā€™t be recommending it as a must watch to anyone.

1 Like

Original audio with subs always. Even with English stuff Iā€™ll keep the subs on (usually in Spanish) and sometimes pick up a new phrase or two.

3 Likes