The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

i loved years and years all the way up until the solution to putting immigrants in concentration camps was to publicize it, and if people knew their government was doing that, they would definitely remove that government immediately and criminally prosecute them. lol that pissed me off, cause like fuck you, no they wouldn’t

2 Likes

For me it was the fence creating the red zones as we know what happens in Britain when you put up borders… :flushed:

Saw something advertised on Netflix called The Family. Anybody see it?

The Boys ended randomly in a way that made me not care if there’s another season or not.

Did you watch all the episodes? It revealed a huge twist and ratcheted up the fear about the supers. A fairly standard cliff hanger, not random at all.

If you mean Homelander’s kid, yes. I was like, “Meh. Don’t really care where it goes from here.”

That plus the level of disregard he has for normals, even those we thought he cared about, Butcher’s wife and very existence and how homelander is going to be stopped made for a pretty good cliffhanger and sets up some nice questions for next season.

I thought s1 of Glow was great TV, but got about halfway through episode 3 of s2 and tapped out. Does it turn around after that? The dropoff between 1 and 2 was one of the most palpable of any show I can recall. I thought one season did enough to tell the story of GLOW, and it seemed like they were out of storyline ideas after that.

1 Like

N1 Johnny! Recommending a show with such a shitey finale!

2 Likes

I watched Hush on Netflix.

A deaf woman living alone in the woods has to fight off an intruder.

It’s the most standard horror movie that was ever made. I do not recommend.

Agree that the finale was the worst aspect, but I actually didn’t even mind the finale in the end. But I have a different philosophy than most people about TV shows, in that I believe it’s incredibly difficult to conclude a moving, engaging, complex, etc show in a way that feels satisfying, so I tend not to let endings ruin my overall experience.

My wife and I really liked the show. Thanks for the rec and keep them coming!

2 Likes

Everybody probably already knows this, but I recently found out that many old HBO shows are available on Amazon prime, including all seasons of The Sopranos, The Wire, and Deadwood.

1 Like

2.5 episodes in. Recommended if you have a sufficient supply of antidepressants available.

New episodes of Mindhunter out on Netflix, so far so good…

2 Likes

Trying to binge on this right now. Having a hard time concentrating but loved s1 and have been waiting on this.

1 Like

Oooh excited!

I find conspiracy/cult stuff interesting. But the last thing I need is something that’ll depress me. I’m pretty fucked in the head now. Need happiness. The Family will have to wait I guess.

Season 2 of mindhunter is so good. 5 eps in.

2 Likes

I’m 4.5/5 episodes now and my confusion at how supposedly pious god-fearing people can pull the lever for Trump and ignore the fact that he’s an irredeemable POS has been eased a bit. It’s completely fucked up and disturbing, but the premise makes sense to me. I’m prone to depression, but I think gaining insight into the hypocrisy was a worthwhile trade.

1 Like

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2019/08/16/netflix-released-new-documentary-secretive-religious-group-family-despite-its-flaws-its-must-see/

the formatting cuts off the headline, but the guy at the post calls The Family a must see. guess i have to now